BVEStation

Author Topic: Long island railroad and new jersey transit plan to move in quiet car service.  (Read 10940 times)

Offline bam

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
don't make fun of what i post okay long island railroad is planning to run trains that all the cars are quiet cars. I've seen a prototype quiet train on the ronkonkoma line on the lirr. and i have also seen some on the nj transit hoboken line.
I am new to this board, so I truly cannot tell  if you are teasing...
The MTA is the only major train line  (LIRR and Metro North) in the entire country without Quiet Cars (so far), and as far as I know, they have been saying NO to us for years.... (for no good reason), especially since the entire country, including all of our immediate surrounding neighbors have been running Quiet Cars successfully (and expanding them to more lines).
So, my bottom line question is:  Is there any truth to the LIRR considering them? If so, when? Because, I am so sick and frustrated of being forced to listen to megaphone mouths screaming inane conversations (not just cell phone conversations) to each other.  These are commuter trains not backyards on wheels or bars on wheels.....
It is maddening to have to pace from car to car throughout the train after working all day to try to find a "quiet car" when  these rude loudmouths are scattered throughout the train......And, there is no reason for that.... If human beings cannot understand the simple courteous common sense concept of speaking in normal tones (inside voices), then they need to be seated separately from the civilized human race.   (i.e. Quiet Cars). Please, does anyone have any info?  My head is throbbing.

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
It's especially only fair to those who had a long day in the office with their bosses yelling at them in any way they please. Then they have a big headache they should be able to have a quiet commute home. This way atleast some stress is releaved
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline sonylr

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
 ;D

Dear your picture is not in this thread now so how came we comments or this whatever that is? :-*