BVEStation

Author Topic: As Promised, Here is the EMD E Series Work in Progress.  (Read 3427 times)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
As Promised, Here is the EMD E Series Work in Progress.
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:40:04 pm »
When I went back to check out my locomotives, I discovered that it was the E-Series that had been released to the public and not the F-Series, but that is ok. they are similar looking enough haha.
OpenBVE Exclusive: EMD F9 V1.0 with Vintage Passenger Dome Train
Description on youtube reads:
First version of the EMD E9 (no locomotive modifications, only attachment of passenger set). You must manually start the engine by first making sure the locomotive is out of gear, and with some brake setting applied (preferably emergency). Then press insert, and the engine will start. To shut down, make sure the locomotive is in the same state, and then press delete.
To download this locomotive, go here: http://bvemexico.blogspot.mx/p/locomotoras.html

The next version will include an EMD 567 engine sound modification, and the fitting of DC traction sounds.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:11:44 pm by Fan Railer »

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
Re: As Promised, Here is the EMD E Series work in Progress.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 09:10:34 pm »
Here is version 1.5, with the first sound update:
OpenBVE Exclusive: EMD E9 V1.5 with Vintage Passenger Dome Train

Offline HijauKuda

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: As Promised, Here is the EMD E Series Work in Progress.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 07:09:10 am »
@Fan Railer
I wish the exhaust smoke were more realistic, but your EMD starting, idling and takeoff sounds are great.
Hopefully Gaspar will release his F and E locos soon to hook up with these coaches.

Your F40 "power move" is interesting.
I have seen long strings of power being moved light between yards, likely for lease exchanges. 
Careful on the bridge loadings with all the concentrated weight!

Any chance to get a copy of your Train.dat, Sound.cfg, and wav files for this loco when you're finished tweaking?
Thanks,
HK