BVEStation

Author Topic: Official Thread for the R68 Train Remake by Pacific385  (Read 66382 times)

Offline Smooth23

• Conductor
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Official Thread for the R68 Train Remake by Pacific385
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2011, 06:35:01 pm »
In version 2 there should be one with the howling motor.. just saying

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2011, 06:42:07 pm »
If people agree with this I will personally get recordings when I get back to the city.I know the cars that have howling motors both 68 and 68A

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2011, 10:09:08 pm »
Honestly, I can't code motor sounds well enough for public usage, but I'll try

Offline Smooth23

• Conductor
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2011, 10:36:22 pm »
If people agree with this I will personally get recordings when I get back to the city.I know the cars that have howling motors both 68 and 68A
I was disappointed when they fixed car # 2660 on the Dtrain now it doesn't howl anymore.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2011, 04:49:33 pm »
 Work on version 2 has started. A new roof has been put in

New things:
- Curved Roof
- Roof textures (Courtesy of BStyles)
- Transparent Windows

Things that are not final (as seen in the photos):
- Top roof texture, the ones on the sides are final.
- I'm sure you see 5804. That is the number of a R46. I will change it to 2804

Things to add in the exterior (basic)
- Front of train, make the roof round
- User suggestions

After this, I will start the interior of the train. The starting point for the interior has not been determined at the time.

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2011, 04:55:50 pm »
Looks great, but I hope you know that my exterior is a 68A one. 68As are generally more shinny than the 68s and the wrinkles on the cars are different. I gave Randy my 68 textures, so maybe you can collab with him on that.

Are you starting from scratch with a new .csv file? Would be a shame to code in .b3d or recycle old stuff.
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2011, 04:59:23 pm »
Looks great, but I hope you know that my exterior is a 68A one. 68As are generally more shinny than the 68s and the wrinkles on the cars are different. I gave Randy my 68 textures, so maybe you can collab with him on that.

Are you starting from scratch with a new .csv file? Would be a shame to code in .b3d or recycle old stuff.
I'm not the best at .csv coding. However, with the recent BVE5 release, I will release the version for openBVE. After that, I will work on coding with .csv for BVE 4/5.

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2011, 05:00:45 pm »
Note that you will also have to add the horizontal silver bar between the side rollsign and the window if you want to change it from an R68A to an R68. Also, it will have animated doors, correct?
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2011, 05:04:07 pm »
Note that you will also have to add the horizontal silver bar between the side rollsign and the window if you want to change it from an R68A to an R68. Also, it will have animated doors, correct?
I noticed that something like that had to be added to it, didn't really think much about it though, I'll check everything that I might need to change though. Here's the answer to your question:
There will be
- Some updated sounds
- New motor*
- New updated exterior
- Animated
  - Doors
  - Rollsigns
  - Lights (On/off)*
- Photorealistic textures

* - Not guaranteed

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
R68 Train Remake by Pacific385 ~ Final Update.
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2011, 07:40:58 pm »
I am not happy to announce that I am ultimately dropping this project. There are many factors that led to this but all led back to one: Lack of motivation. In addition, I also believe that I won't be able to deliver something that Me, You and any random person can be satisfied. If anyone would like to take over this project, post here and I'll send you everything (if you want) from where I left off.
Thanks

(BTW The current status of my R176 is: Currently Active)

Offline pitor160

• Operator
  • BVEStation Contibutor
    • View Profile
Re: R68 Train Remake by Pacific385 ~ Final Update.
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2011, 09:03:40 pm »
I am not happy to announce that I am ultimately dropping this project. There are many factors that led to this but all led back to one: Lack of motivation. In addition, I also believe that I won't be able to deliver something that Me, You and any random person can be satisfied. If anyone would like to take over this project, post here and I'll send you everything (if you want) from where I left off.
Thanks

I will be more than happy to take over after I finish the 143 project

Offline nelson3001

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2011, 09:45:45 pm »
I'd love to take over if I had the time and knew a little more on how to do this but i'm better at panels and textures

Offline ARome

• Operator
  • One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2011, 12:37:33 am »
Thanks

Uhh.... no and Pacific, I think it's not a good idea to publicly send it out to anyone in my opinion you have the major developers who could do a better job than the ones who "drool over the thing" in my opinion PM me later I'll handle the details and ask one of the train developers. besides we have Mr. Railfan. I'm not trying to sound rude but this is hard work at steak

Offline nelson3001

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2011, 07:20:16 pm »
Thanks

Uhh.... no and Pacific, I think it's not a good idea to publicly send it out to anyone in my opinion you have the major developers who could do a better job than the ones who "drool over the thing" in my opinion PM me later I'll handle the details and ask one of the train developers. besides we have Mr. Railfan. I'm not trying to sound rude but this is hard work at steak
That's true, I'd hate to see the files handed over to an irresponsible person. When I said "i'd love to take over" I meant if I was more devoted to this and I had more experience. The level of experience I have right now is not high enough for me to take over. I have a question by the way. Has anybody heard about the program called Autodesk Inventor? Can you make a panel in 3D and take a picture in BMP format and just make the file for the panel and will it work?

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2011, 08:08:28 pm »
I agree with what Arome said.