BVEStation

Author Topic: New BVE in the House...  (Read 23867 times)

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: New BVE in the House...
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 03:35:26 pm »
I hope no one took that wrong I was not talking TO anyone specifically just general.
Yea I know I meant to put something else I'm typing on my fone but I'll check it out on my computer later.
@Boss: No need to thank me.I'm just an optimistic person.And I'm looking forward to the Multi.

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 03:52:31 pm »
How would you know a program would work without seeing it done on the screen?  I've taken my fair share of computer programming classes at my college and there is no way that a code that is made can show only within the codes.  Even a command prompt program will indeed show in the command prompt window itself.

If you can't even create a single screen-shot of what the "code" produces then wow, I need to re-evaluate the classes I'm taking because obviously they aren't teaching me shit.

Offline Boss Of Games

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2011, 04:00:49 pm »
How would you know a program would work without seeing it done on the screen?  I've taken my fair share of computer programming classes at my college and there is no way that a code that is made can show only within the codes.  Even a command prompt program will indeed show in the command prompt window itself.

If you can't even create a single screen-shot of what the "code" produces then wow, I need to re-evaluate the classes I'm taking because obviously they aren't teaching me shit.

I am still hard at work. Wait for sat on bvestation chat, or teamspeak. On top of that,  i cannot show you what I am codimg on cprompt because it is not console based.

Offline kyz101

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2011, 04:26:50 pm »
let the guy do his work saturday we will know the real deal no need to keep questioning him

Offline Boss Of Games

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2011, 05:22:46 pm »
You Doubt me Now!  ;D

I was debugging on my Mac OS X cpu at the time with MonoDevelop. After that i closed the main menu and there it was. Now for some more positioning and modifications, and i should be set.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 05:25:07 pm by Boss Of Games »

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2011, 07:23:58 pm »

Well in this age its not easy to produce fakes using photoshop.

But if BOG claims he has something, then we'll find out soon enough if he'll deliver it.  I'm not holding my breath for anything though, since I personally don't see the advantages or anything revolutionary.  A plugin system was touted for OpenBVE 2, but since OpenBVE actually exists I would place some bets on that, with the already added functions as requested by some OpenBVE users.

From a route developers point of view, having yet another set of commands to learn is daunting especially when we still haven't figured out commands for regular BVE 4 or OpenBVE.  Of course I would personally welcome new commands, but as with any API, it must be simple yet powerful at the same time in order for it to be of any use.

Some questions however for BOG, what exactly are you working on?  Are you working on a plugin system, multiplayer system or both?  And if both which one are you doing first?  Since a very small percentage of us are actually programmers, what exactly can we do with your new BVE that we cant already do in OpenBVE/BVE?  How is this system different from the other train sims already existing?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 07:26:30 pm by ipac »
BVEStation.

Offline Boss Of Games

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2011, 08:00:03 pm »
Some questions however for BOG, what exactly are you working on?  Are you working on a plugin system, multiplayer system or both?  And if both which one are you doing first?  Since a very small percentage of us are actually programmers, what exactly can we do with your new BVE that we cant already do in OpenBVE/BVE?  How is this system different from the other train sims already existing?

I am working on many things. It is a combination of a Multiplayer system to demonstrate the power of my new plugin system for UBVE. The Multiplayer system will not be built in, but in a module that will be able to access the core layer like the old ME has never done. Since it is a new plugin system, the end user has some benefits. I am in the process of making the API more understandable by class summaries and hopefully a well documented SDK. The future outlook will bring multi-track routes with switches a reality.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 09:38:00 pm »
b\c I'm sure EVERYONE would want a stable multiplayer.
We have a stable multiplayer...

Moving along, like BoG said, there will be a Q/A (Question and Answer) session on the TeamSpeak and BVEStation chat. BoG obviously has something in development. I am not sure of what it is, but it's something. Believe me...
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Danny Express

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • DS Forever Photography
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2011, 03:51:37 pm »
is there any updates on this?

Offline Shawn1995

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2011, 07:03:57 pm »
Is there any update?

How would you switch tracks?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 07:05:04 pm by ipac »

Offline Shawn1995

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 11:05:59 pm »
 :)

Offline Boss Of Games

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2011, 08:49:42 am »
Well. I have scrapped almost the whole project with a complete new plan. Plugin loading is out of the picture for now. Right now I am completely rebuilding the rendering engine. I am preparing the engine for new lighting and texturing to make it faster. This will also mean that there will need to be new system requirements. I have also started working on the train loading system. New features will be available for developers. Like placing light sources from the game engine directly onto the train for more realism. And due to the new light source, you will not be able to see that well into the tunnel. I will also include reflective sources. In the real world, On the top of rails, some light reflects at you. You should now be able to make a reflective surface to increase realism. New incline features will allow for a smoother inclines and transitions of grade in rail. This will take some time to implement. Redoing the Rendering engine is no easy task.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:22:19 pm by Boss Of Games »

Offline Shawn1995

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2011, 09:07:10 pm »
Thank you

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2011, 06:05:25 pm »
NIce can't Wait Boss of Game. You Are the Man :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Shawn1995

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2011, 04:13:49 pm »
Is this going to be OpenBve style or Bve 2 Style?