BVEStation

Author Topic: (RELEASED) Status of the (D) and (F) Routes.  (Read 71110 times)

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: (F) v4.51 , R160 Alstom v2.0 Released!!
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 06:35:23 pm »
Hey guys, sorry for the delay.

The R160 link has been fixed on the downloads page.

http://www.bvestation.com/downloadinfo.php?id=86

The newer F is still in the process of being uploaded, since I can't download it either.

If you guys find anymore dead links please send me a PM with the problematic download.  When the files were reuploaded, links may have gotten changed/modified during the process causing dead links.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 06:38:50 pm by ipac »
BVEStation.

Offline nightmare403

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 07:01:01 pm »
i got a question about the R160 is the destination in the panal suppose to be blank or is it suppose to be programed

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 07:04:31 pm »
i got a question about the R160 is the destination in the panal suppose to be blank or is it suppose to be programed

I left it blank , so you can edit in whatever route you want.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 07:16:30 pm »
The (F) v4.51 is now uploaded on BVEStation.  Get it here,
http://www.bvestation.com/downloadinfo.php?id=87
BVEStation.

Offline nightmare403

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 07:18:52 pm »

how do u program it? can i have a tutorial?

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 07:27:20 pm »

how do u program it? can i have a tutorial?

I should have worded it better . You have to use a image editor and edit in whatever line you want into the panel.png image. It's Currently impossible to add a rollsign type feature for the cab so that you can scroll through routes, unless of course, it is a 3d cab.

Offline nightmare403

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 09:27:41 pm »
im still confused can u explain it again one more time this time English please

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2012, 09:57:03 pm »
Mr. Railfan, great job on the route. However, I do have a question.

With the downloaded F, there were a couple of folders that caught my eye:

8thAve
IND Valley Stream
LefShut
NYCTCommon
Octavia
V Line

It is my understanding that these folders are included in other routes. All of these folders are estimated to be around 450 MB when extracted, but was there a need to include all of these? I rather have you tell us to download certain routes as dependencies and include the files not in the other routes. This would save a ton of download time and extraction time. Like I said, I love the work, but I'm just throwing a thought out there...

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2012, 10:19:31 pm »
Mr. Railfan, great job on the route. However, I do have a question.

With the downloaded F, there were a couple of folders that caught my eye:

8thAve
IND Valley Stream
LefShut
NYCTCommon
Octavia
V Line

It is my understanding that these folders are included in other routes. All of these folders are estimated to be around 450 MB when extracted, but was there a need to include all of these? I rather have you tell us to download certain routes as dependencies and include the files not in the other routes. This would save a ton of download time and extraction time. Like I said, I love the work, but I'm just throwing a thought out there...

Yes i purposely did this to make it easier on people so they dont have to download a ton of dependencies. I should have made a version with out it, but i was having upload difficulties earlier.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2012, 12:03:39 am »
Just letting you know, the R160A doesn't turn properly. But that's an easy fix ;)

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2012, 12:28:59 am »
Just letting you know, the R160A doesn't turn properly. But that's an easy fix ;)

The exterior has not been worked on yet, i just put the old exterior on so that it would not just be a grey box in the exterior. This is why it turns improperly

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2012, 12:11:46 am »
Okay, so I have a couple of suggestions:

The Church Avenue Bound F train via Culver Local doesn't actually terminate at Church Avenue. The last stop announcements plays at Church Avenue, yet the AI will still keep going on normally and openBVE does not report Church Avenue as being the terminal station.  Also, after Ditmas Avenue the train is supposed to switch over to the middle track in order to terminate on the express tracks at Church. In the local route released, the train terminates on the local track.  Also before approaching Church Avenue, the train then may switch over to the Coney Island bound express track at Church Avenue if there is already a train terminated on the Manhattan bound express track.

There are many route scenarios for the NTTs, but very little for the SMEEs. If someone could manually do the announcements, then the different scenarios should also be done for the SMEE (for ex. Shuttle to Avenue X)

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2012, 03:24:00 am »
Okay, so I have a couple of suggestions:

The Church Avenue Bound F train via Culver Local doesn't actually terminate at Church Avenue. The last stop announcements plays at Church Avenue, yet the AI will still keep going on normally and openBVE does not report Church Avenue as being the terminal station.  Also, after Ditmas Avenue the train is supposed to switch over to the middle track in order to terminate on the express tracks at Church. In the local route released, the train terminates on the local track.  Also before approaching Church Avenue, the train then may switch over to the Coney Island bound express track at Church Avenue if there is already a train terminated on the Manhattan bound express track.

There are many route scenarios for the NTTs, but very little for the SMEEs. If someone could manually do the announcements, then the different scenarios should also be done for the SMEE (for ex. Shuttle to Avenue X)

Im going to do the Track Switching as you suggested for a coupe of scenarios and ill fix the AI issue. I was planning to do the same thing for the SMEE version but i didnt have anyone to record announcements and i didnt want to voice them all. As soon as i get some people to record it then ill add in scenarios for the SMEEs.

Offline R36 #9346

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2012, 05:57:46 pm »
I just drove one of the F line scenarios provided in the download (NTT/F (RH)[CI To 179 - Culver LCL - 6 Av LCL - Queens EXP].csv).

I noticed a couple of things.

* There are two signal objects before the switch west of the Lexington Avenue-63rd Street station. This, of course, should be a home signal.

* The whole 63rd Street tunnel portion seems to use old tunnel construction objects.

It appears that the forced red signal parameter is being used excessively at stations. The only station where, IMO, it makes sense is at Rockefeller Center.
For instance, cell H4218
Code: [Select]
.sta Delancey St;;;0;1;1;ats;;10;50;CulverS\F7\Delancey_dep.flac
should be
.sta Delancey St;;;0;R;0;ats;;10;50;CulverS\F7\Delancey_dep.flac.

While we're on the subject of stations, I noticed a bug on the opening of the doors at 179th Street station. When the doors open, the last stop announcement should play, utilizing the
 ArrivalSound parameter of Track.sta.

Corrected cell R6880:
.sta 179th Street;12.1545;12.1615;0;1;1;ats;CulverS\F7\Last_dep.flac;10;50;
I notice a combination of Track.SigF and Track.Section commands are being used. Nice. Though I would suggest editing the Track.Section command as follows:
.Section 0;0;2;4 so that I don't encounter the train in front of me as I almost did approaching 179th Street.

Again, nice work!

This is what happens when you install Portal 2 on an R160 computer.

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
Re: Status of the (D) and (F) Routes.
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2012, 07:45:08 am »
It might be just me, but this feels a bit too bright in the tunnel...