BVEStation

Author Topic: A/B/C and D lines upgraded for OpenBVE and Riverbank Pk Shuttle updated  (Read 6621 times)

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile

The original A, B, C and D lines have been upgraded for OpenBVE and available here:
http://www.bvestation.com/downloadinfo.php?id=75

NOTE: None of the contents of the original 4 routes have been modified, this upgrade only affects in-game performance and disk space

From the Readme:

A/B/C/D lines for OpenBVE v 0.9

Originally created by Joe (Phantom909) and the NYCTBA Staff

For more info refer to the individual readmes for each route

This Pack upgrades the original A, B, C, and D lines for improved use in OpenBVE. This package includes the unmodified contents of the orignal image files converted to .png for smaller disk usage, faster load times and smoother operation.

TO INSTALL
Unpack the 7z archive to your /Railway Folder, you will need to download the sounds seperately by downloading the original route installers (or their 7zip alternatives, whatever floats your boat) and extracting the sounds

TO ADD TO AN EXISTING OPENBVE INSTALLATION
Delete the 6thAve, 8thAve and LefShut folders in /Railway/Object first, then extract the archive to /Railway

A few words of caution:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THESE ROUTES OR OBJECTS IN BVE 2 OR 4

THESE FILES MAY NOT BE RE-USED IN ANY WAY WITHOUT PERMISSION

DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR PERMISSION TO USE THESE FILES, REFER TO THE ORIGINAL READMES FOR CONTACT INFO

I HAVE NOT TESTED THE OBJECTS WITH OTHER ROUTES THAT RELY ON THEM, YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY

THERE ARE A FEW ERRORS THAT WILL POP UP WHEN YOU LOAD THE ROUTES, I AM AWARE OF THAT AND I AM WORKING ON IT, VISUALLY EVERYTHING IS FINE

Happy Operating
-Rayvon (rayvon9@yahoo.com)

www.bvestation.com

Coming Soon:
8 BETA to Tremont Ave
R62/R62A Codename 'Cobra'
CPW Pack Version 2 with new A and D lines
R32

The OpenBVE version of the Riverbank Shuttle has also been updated. This update only affects performance, nothing new has been added:
http://www.bvestation.com/downloadinfo.php?id=36

Enjoy
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:00:02 pm by ipac »

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
Re: A/B/C and D lines upgraded for OpenBVE and Riverbank Pk Shuttle updated
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 06:38:06 am »
Original Disk Space used: around 85-87MB
Improved Disk Space used: around 32-34MB

Greatly appreciated, now since I'm using a laptop more then the desktop!

Haven't tried out the game-play yet but it should be wonderful.

Also, this wouldn't affect JayJay's (D) to Bay 50th would it?  Because I deleted the original files as the Read-Me said and now I'm missing 144 files for his route.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 06:43:12 am by peacemak3r »

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A/B/C and D lines upgraded for OpenBVE and Riverbank Pk Shuttle updated
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 03:10:57 am »
I believe it mainly relies on the A, so the missing objects could be the result of me converting the display markers. I eventually want to move on to converting JayJay's objects this week, the folder sizes have been getting way too big for us to keep using bitmaps.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 03:36:48 am by Rayvon »