BVEStation

Author Topic: Making All Stops : Volume One  (Read 29768 times)

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Making All Stops : Volume One
« on: July 10, 2012, 04:17:31 pm »
Hey guys, today we have a treat for everyone.  We have partnered with MakingAllStops.com and they are selling their latest book, Making All Stops, NYC Subway Photography Volume One, From 1970 to 1976.  I have written a review for you all to read, cause there really is a difference in holding a set of photos in your hand, as opposed to seeing them on a screen.  All this can be found on the BVEStation Homepage.  The book has over 200 photos, in 120 pages, with no more than 3 photos per page.   The book is 8 x 1/2 x 11 all in a smooth glossy finish.  The review can be read at the following link.  http://www.bvestation.com/makingallstops.php

After asking around, a lot of people are also interested in Volume Two of the book which shows photos from 1977 to 1989.  Volume Two will be on sale soon, but they need to generate enough interest with Volume One first.

With that said, there's more!  BVEStation is also partnering with Making All Stops to giveaway free copies of Volume One for BVEStation Members.  For the month of July, we will select one lucky BVEStation Member based on a random lottery to win a free copy of Making All Stops, Volume One.  To apply you need to purchase a contest ticket in the Forum Shop for 25 Tokens.  You will then need to use the ticket, and enter the information asked of you.  To earn tokens, you need to be an active member of the BVEStation Community, and making posts in the forum will generate tokens.  More tickets will increase your chances of winning but will not guarantee you a win.  Please do not go spamming, and make sure your posts conform to the rules.  If you refer a member to BVEStation, and that new member makes a post in the Introductions section saying you referred them, you will also earn 200 Tokens, please let me know if you do this.  Please read the contest rules for more details before applying, at http://www.bvestation.com/contestRules.php  Good Luck!

Also, please do share this book/contest with others.  If you do get the book, let us know what you think about it!  :D

Any questions regarding the book, or the contest, please feel free to ask.

Please visit: http://www.makingallstops.com
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:25:29 pm by ipac »
BVEStation.

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Making All Stops : Volume One
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 05:37:21 pm »
Hey Ipac , i was wondering how the token system works. I Post alot of things on this forum ussualy development updates and photo's videos but somehow it says i have zero tokens. I was wondering how i can obtain these tokens as it seems im not generating any through posts. Anyways this seems like a great book.

Edit: Now it shows i have 8 tokens.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 05:39:27 pm »
The token count starts today, so anything you post starting from the announcement today will count.  Any previous posts will not.  This was done to give everyone a fair chance at winning.

This is how we calculate how you will earn tokens.

10 tokens per new topic
5 tokens per post

0.05 for each word posted

There are no limits on how many tokens you can earn.

In case your wondering how we will select a winner.
When its time to run the lottery, internally we will assign a ticket # to every entry we receive, and we will use random.org to select the winning ticket number.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 05:42:10 pm by ipac »
BVEStation.

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 05:48:35 pm »
One question, how do embedded pictures, videos, and links affect the token count? My suggestion would be to make each embedded picture worth 3 tokens, and embedded videos worth 5 tokens, or something like that. And as for links, the tokens generated from a posted link would depend on how long the link is or something.
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 05:54:16 pm »
Unfortunately thats a limitation that I can't get around.  Pictures, photos, and/or videos can't count.  Links can't really be measured either.  Sorry.

I did add above, how you can earn 50 tokens for referring a new member to join BVEStation.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:00:56 pm by ipac »
BVEStation.

Offline JayJay85

• Developer
  • Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 08:32:38 pm »
Unfortunately thats a limitation that I can't get around.  Pictures, photos, and/or videos can't count.  Links can't really be measured either.  Sorry.

I did add above, how you can earn 50 tokens for referring a new member to join BVEStation.

hey kevin i bought of the books already

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 09:05:33 pm »
Awesome JayJay, let us know what you think about the book when you get it.\

Also you will earn 200 tokens for a member referral.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:25:48 pm by ipac »
BVEStation.

Offline B41

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 09:27:44 pm »
oh this is a good idea lol.

Offline Brad8171

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 03:42:40 pm »
I just had a chance to purchase the making all stops book, i cant wait to get it.I figured maybe it will help the website out.i think bvestation is the best.i play the simulator almost every night after work.it a good relaxation method.it brings me back to NY,and as a kid on the Astoria line N. and the 7 train.you guys do a great job on the site.you cant put a price tag on a few hours of fun and good memories.just one recommendation, i noticed on the new F line theres some blue flashes from the third rain in some area of the game,i think it should happen alot more in other routes,especially on the turns and switches.thank you for the great time,and something to look foward to.Brad G

Offline Q23 Central Term

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 09:21:04 pm »
So until when will you guys sell tokens, just until a deadline date or when all tokens are sold out. Just wondering
Projects:
I-Inwood Express slated to begin Summer/Fall 2012
Please see my thread in The General BVE forum called
"The Resurrection of the I" to help or for info

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 11:41:18 pm »
We do not sell tokens, you earn tokens by posting.
BVEStation.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 10:59:33 pm »
Making All Stops contest ticket is now ONLY 10 TOKENS! For the last day tomorrow! Get your ticket in now!
BVEStation.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 12:03:37 am »
Hey everyone, I'm glad to announce that we recieved 80 entries for the contest.  Random.org has selected number 50.  Congratulations to Mr. Even!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 12:08:27 am by ipac »
BVEStation.

Offline Orion V CNG #748

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 12:15:57 am »
Hey everyone, I'm glad to announce that we recieved 80 entries for the contest.  Random.org has selected number 50.  Congratulations to Mr. Even!
Well that sucks for me and for all the other contestants. lol
Anyway congratz Mr Even

on the other hand im gonna have to buy the book. im so curious what it looks like lol

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 12:08:48 pm »
Let us know when you buy it, and be sure to send a review in!
BVEStation.