BVEStation

Author Topic: Official Thread for nycta Queensbound F  (Read 116993 times)

Re: Official Thread for nycta Queensbound F
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2011, 10:29:32 pm »
wow,i havent seen anything better than this  8)

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2011, 11:07:14 pm »
Everything looks great Jay! By the way, could you replace the side handles with the newer ones:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Kawasaki_Plant

Offline Railbuff

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2011, 11:08:07 pm »
Very nice! Can't wait to play the full route since the (F) is one of my favorite lines.

I don't mean to be rude, but can you ease on the customers at Bay Pkwy? It's not a heavily used station. Let alone the section from Ditmas to Stillwell.

Offline Twigga

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2011, 01:12:21 am »
Everything looks great Jay! By the way, could you replace the side handles with the newer ones:

OK that's a bit overkill.

Can't you just be satisfied with the route as is? he's worked hard enough on it.

Offline JayJay85

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2011, 03:20:53 am »

those railings are TJay's
i forgot take those people out of Bay Parkway that was in place since 2008

Offline Simon

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2011, 11:03:47 am »
Can't you just be satisfied with the route as is? he's worked hard enough on it.

Of course I'm satisfied. The (F) is one of the best routes on this site, I'm just trying to give Jay some friendly advice, which doesn't  have to be implemented.
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline Twigga

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2011, 12:05:51 pm »
I'm just trying to give Jay some friendly advice, which doesn't  have to be implemented.
There's a fine line between friendly advice and just being a perfectionist, especially when you can do it yourself if you want it that bad...
The (F) is one of the best routes on this site.
If it's one of the best routes why can't you just let it be and drive it?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 12:08:39 pm by Twigga »

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2011, 12:36:29 pm »
Ok, back on topic, whatever the developer does to the route is at their discretion, if he feels like implementing any changes then he'll add it. The routes won't be a %100 like the real thing anyways for security reasons and limitatons.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2011, 03:06:44 pm »
Great job on the (F).But I want to point out a few things.
1.The (F) doesn't stop that close at Jay Street same as the (A) its about 30 feet from the 10 car to the tower in the route the (F) is right on it.
2.East Broadway there's an escalator going up nearing the end of the station.
3.The (F) doesn't stop that close at 2nd Av and is there a possibility we'll see a control room on the side?
4.York street isn't the 3rd rail on the platform side due to the clearance b\c of the way the station wall is? Samething with High & Fulton on the (A)/(C) but I could be wrong.
Overall (F)antastic route.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 04:26:43 pm by 4 Express Train7695 »

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2011, 12:35:19 am »
Great job on the (F).But I want to point out a few things.
1.The (F) doesn't stop that close at Jay Street same as the (A) its about 30 feet from the 10 car to the tower in the route the (F) is right on it.
2.East Broadway there's an escalator going up nearing the end of the station.
3.The (F) doesn't stop that close at 2nd Av and is there a possibility we'll see a control room on the side?
4.York street isn't the 3rd rail on the platform side due to the clearance b\c of the way the station wall is? Samething with High & Fulton on the (A)/(C) but I could be wrong.
Overall (F)antastic route.

How can the route be fantastic if you have issues with it? These kinds of statements never made any sense to me, but whatever. Honestly, they're trivial and irrelevant issues. The route was coded accurately, using subway track maps, and besides.

Ok, back on topic, whatever the developer does to the route is at their discretion, if he feels like implementing any changes then he'll add it. The routes won't be a %100 like the real thing anyways for security reasons and limitatons.

Can that be stressed enough?

Sometimes I wonder if people actually deserve what they get. Honestly speaking, after a few years development did you want the line out or not? We can't remember what goes on en every single station of the route we're working on, and that's why we have dedicated people to acquire this information prior to release.

And another thing. I can easily see if the line was 100% done and it was something we could release in say, a fix. In case you haven't noticed, Jay Street wasn't even re-branded in the F route that was released FOUR DAYS AGO. And since the author is still working on the route from Stillwell to 179th, and has been for some time now, it's clearly visible that time wasn't going to wait for the route. At least a hundred other things have changed on the F since development, which will hopefully get done by the time the line is fully released.

Bottom line: the route ain't done, so just deal with it.

BStyles

Offline PencilCase16

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2011, 11:09:19 am »
nice job ;D, you got my favorite portion of the F (34th Street-Herald Square to Roosevelt Ave).  ' can't wait for the route to be fully done.  I can see a NYCTBA run with the F, V, G, and maybe future R and E train lol.

Offline Simon

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2011, 06:02:23 pm »
Sometimes I wonder if people actually deserve what they get. Honestly speaking, after a few years development did you want the line out or not? We can't remember what goes on en every single station of the route we're working on, and that's why we have dedicated people to acquire this information prior to release.

That's why you got people like me and 2, so we can TELL you guys what's inaccurate or not. You can consider us those dedicated people. Plus, if it wasn't for 2, then would you guys have eventually found out that York has the 3rd rail on the platform side? Probably, but we're saving you one extra beta/alpha/whatever release.

Plus, make no mistake, JayJay's (F) is the sickest route that's out right now (with respect to all others), been driving it nonstop everything. We're just trying to correct portions of it so when the final route is released, you won't have others questioning why something is inaccurate and making Version 1.1A.
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2011, 06:54:52 pm »

That's why you got people like me and 2, so we can TELL you guys what's inaccurate or not. You can consider us those dedicated people. Plus, if it wasn't for 2, then would you guys have eventually found out that York has the 3rd rail on the platform side? Probably, but we're saving you one extra beta/alpha/whatever release.

Plus, make no mistake, JayJay's (F) is the sickest route that's out right now (with respect to all others), been driving it nonstop everything. We're just trying to correct portions of it so when the final route is released, you won't have others questioning why something is inaccurate and making Version 1.1A.
There actually is no real need for BETA releases in that sense, I don't even know why BETAs have become so widespread lately. Obviously in order to get the textures for the stations, someone had to have gone out and gotten pics of everything. That covers the detail portion there. There's being helpful and then there's just being picky

Offline (SIR) North Shore Line

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2011, 07:07:11 pm »

Agreed! He's only trying to help JayJay out, not criticize the route or anything.

Offline Simon

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2011, 07:14:55 pm »
There actually is no real need for BETA releases in that sense, I don't even know why BETAs have become so widespread lately. Obviously in order to get the textures for the stations, someone had to have gone out and gotten pics of everything. That covers the detail portion there. There's being helpful and then there's just being picky

My request in using TJay's railings was picky. I admit to that. However, BStyles reaction to 2train's list of discrepancies was uncalled for, and if that is considered picky, then I guess all members who realize that something is off in a route should shut up then. That's the message that is being conveyed.
Kawasaki_Plant