BVEStation

Author Topic: Need Sounds?  (Read 140926 times)

Offline Lexington456

• Regular Developer
  • New Recruit
  • Long Live the Lex
    • View Profile
Re: Need Sounds?
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2011, 09:24:28 pm »
It's been a while hasn't it?  ;)

Anyhow, I'm back to posting recordings I've come across, but before I start posting new announcements, I figured I'd update the ones we have already.

Today's update: the (F) to Jamaica-179 St
added correct and/or better sounding transfers to the following stations:
  • Jay St-MetroTech (LN)/(OT)
  • 2 Av (LN)
  • Broadway-Lafayette St (wkdays)
  • W 4 St-Washington Sq (wkdays)
  • 14 St (wkdays)
  • 34 St-Herald Sq (wkdays)/(LN)
  • 42 St-Bryant Park (wkdays)
  • 47-50 Sts/Rockefeller Ctr (wkdays)
  • Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av (wkdays)/(wknds)

You can download the individual files here or the zipped folder here.

Also, on a slightly off topic note, I was wondering how the developers would feel about me fixing the route files so the automated announcements play when the doors open rather than when they're closing.

They have to modify the station time I think.

Yes. It depends on how long the minimal time the train stays in the station is, and it also depends on the train's door opening/closing system. If the train is coded to have the doors open and close automatically or semi-automatically, the announcement will play while it's closing. However if the train is coded to have them open and close manually, then the announcements will play and then you can close the doors, like on normal trains. A good station time is 10 seconds

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2011, 04:02:44 pm »
I've finally finished updating the recordings for all the lines. For the most part, they are minor updates. However, there are big updates on the (2), (4), World Trade Ctr-bound (E) and especially the (Q). For all the latest and best sounds available (well the ones I'm able to get), visit my 4shared page here.

@Bill: You can delete the link to the weekend version of the (Q) as I merged the two folders together since both R160 programs now use the same announcements.

@Lexington456: Actually it has more to do with the route file, not the train file. It also doesn't have much to do with station time, though in my opinion, that should be at around 15 seconds so both the departing announcement (x-bound train, the next stop is x) and the Stand Clear ones can play before the doors close. Currently, on most routes, the departing announcement on most routes is programed to play as the doors are closing as opposed to when the doors open at a station. Since the routes were supposed to use older equipment, it really didn't matter at the time.

My offer to "fix" the route files is still on the table, though I'd appreciate if the developers give me the okay before I upload anything, lest anyone accuse me of stealing anything.

EDIT 08/16 13:02 - NTTs via West End
In commemoration of the (D)'s extension into Brooklyn, I'm releasing announcements for lines rerouted along the West End line.

Today, we have the downtown (Q). You know the deal, two files: one zipped, one w/ the individual files.
zipped files
individual files
You're welcome

EDIT 08/17 08:14 - Continuing Down the West End
Here's the (N) from Atlantic Av-Pacific St to Coney Island. The full (N) via Sea Beach will be released eventually.
zipped files
individual files

EDIT 08/24 12:41 - Finishing Up the West End (for now)
Now for something I've been sitting on for a while - the southbound (D) (well the Brooklyn portion at least)
individual files
zipped files
The full (D) will be released as soon as I get the Bronx and Manhattan announcements. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:41:45 pm by Lance »

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2011, 09:35:16 am »
R-68 horn.wav
For anyone who wants to use this.Recorded this August 24th,2011

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2011, 10:59:27 am »
I've finally finished updating the recordings for all the lines. For the most part, they are minor updates. However, there are big updates on the (2), (4), World Trade Ctr-bound (E) and especially the (Q). For all the latest and best sounds available (well the ones I'm able to get), visit my 4shared page here.

@Bill: You can delete the link to the weekend version of the (Q) as I merged the two folders together since both R160 programs now use the same announcements.

@Lexington456: Actually it has more to do with the route file, not the train file. It also doesn't have much to do with station time, though in my opinion, that should be at around 15 seconds so both the departing announcement (x-bound train, the next stop is x) and the Stand Clear ones can play before the doors close. Currently, on most routes, the departing announcement on most routes is programed to play as the doors are closing as opposed to when the doors open at a station. Since the routes were supposed to use older equipment, it really didn't matter at the time.

My offer to "fix" the route files is still on the table, though I'd appreciate if the developers give me the okay before I upload anything, lest anyone accuse me of stealing anything.

EDIT 08/16 13:02 - NTTs via West End
In commemoration of the (D)'s extension into Brooklyn, I'm releasing announcements for lines rerouted along the West End line.

Today, we have the downtown (Q). You know the deal, two files: one zipped, one w/ the individual files.
zipped files
individual files
You're welcome

EDIT 08/17 08:14 - Continuing Down the West End
Here's the (N) from Atlantic Av-Pacific St to Coney Island. The full (N) via Sea Beach will be released eventually.
zipped files
individual files

EDIT 08/24 12:41 - Finishing Up the West End (for now)
Now for something I've been sitting on for a while - the southbound (D) (well the Brooklyn portion at least)
individual files
zipped files
The full (D) will be released as soon as I get the Bronx and Manhattan announcements. Enjoy.

Hey lance if you need i have like a million G.O. announcements and higher quality Q via D and N via D if you need . I got E via F in all possible directions ,F via E , F via C ....etc,.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:01:13 am by Mr Railfan »

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2011, 11:09:55 am »
I noticed that after seeing your last few vids.

As for the sounds, sure, you can send them to me. Or you can post them yourself. Either way, I'm sure the community would appreciate better quality announcements.

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2011, 12:06:26 pm »
I would like to announce that the subway sound page (including Automated Announcements) has finally been updated, with a couple of new recordings I never got the chance to put up. I have also updated the Automated page accordingly based on what is provided in this thread.

The new subway page can be accessed here:
http://error46146.bvestation.com/sounds/subway/

I will be updating the rest of the site as well, the E line announcements are still not up yet as I don't have time to chop up and package them as of now, I will do that once  I am finished updating the rest of the site so please be patient.

I will now update the rest of the site (bus, rail, etc)..As always, if you have anything you'd like to contribute please post them here or e-mail me at error46146@yahoo.com !

Thank you & Enjoy!

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2011, 06:25:26 pm »
7445 recorded by error46146 in 2019.

Error, error. (lol get it?)
u might wanna fix that
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2011, 01:16:09 pm »
You guys have heard the (4) via Eastern Pkwy Lcl in quite a few videos. But where's the (3)? Well, look no further because, thanks to a few lucky YouTubers, we now have the (3) from 135 St, Manhattan through New Lots Av, Brooklyn.

individual files
zipped files

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2011, 02:43:17 pm »
These are great :D

Offline Train man

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2011, 07:08:04 am »
7445 recorded by error46146 in 2019.

Error, error. (lol get it?)
u might wanna fix that
lol!

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2011, 03:39:21 pm »
I finally got around to stitching together the announcements for the normal (5) route. Unfortunately, due to the multiple terminals and routes in the Bronx, the links below only contain the Brooklyn and Manhattan announcements. I'll upload the Bronx ones sometime in the next few days.

zipped files
individual files

Enjoy. :)

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2011, 08:11:52 pm »
NYCSubway:East-180th St (5) local announcement
NYC Subway:Hunts Pt bound (6) local announcements
You can use these as a base and piece the rest of the announcements together.(No need to credit me if your gonna use them)

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2011, 01:40:38 pm »
@Fox-179: Thanks. I'll get around to using those when I (eventually) start doing reroute announcements.

Now, back to the (5). Here are the announcements for the Dyre Av-bound (5) express.
zipped folder
individual files

Both versions of the local should be done within the next few days or so.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2011, 12:51:04 pm »
If someone can help me out. I need some Astoria bound Q announcements & I heard that someone had 145 Street bound B train automated announcements. If so may I please get them. Thanks.

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2011, 03:14:30 pm »
If someone can help me out. I need some Astoria bound Q announcements & I heard that someone had 145 Street bound B train automated announcements. If so may I please get them. Thanks.

i have both , get on teamspeak.