BVEStation

Author Topic: NYCT 8 Line  (Read 5435 times)

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
NYCT 8 Line
« on: March 03, 2011, 04:23:09 pm »
I have resumed work on all 4 routes that I have had in development, one of them is the original 8 line from 149th Street to Gun Hill Road. The premise behind the line in development is that it's a fictional rendition of how the line would look if it was still operational today. This route was my 'guinea pig' of sorts, as I have used many of the techniques implemented in this line for other projects, most notably to create the timers in the Riverbank Park Shuttle. One feature exclusive to this route is the use of the random command. A retro version may eventually be made since I am using the skeletal data provided by Joe. The line is essentially 90% done to Tremont Ave, 2 stations need canopies and I have to finish adding signals. Screen shots will follow soon.

Offline ArninesForTheWorld

• New Recruit
  • R-1/9 Railfanner
    • View Profile
Re: NYCT 8 Line
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 04:20:49 pm »
Cool! My dad used to ride it when he was young, I'm sure he'll be excited to see it on BVE..
R1-103 will debut next summer!

Offline Andres

• Conductor
  • 3rd Avenue El Is the stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 11:40:41 pm »
it will be good to have a route with old memories of the 8 A.K.A  the 3rd avenue el. im a big fan of the route so cant wait till you release it.

Offline Allyn65

• Developer
  • Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 01:31:36 am »
8 use R-12 and R-14 & Low-V but it cool line

Offline Allyn65

• Developer
  • Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 01:36:42 am »
here is track Map of Third Avenue Elevated                http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/img/maps/calcagno-1973-3rdave.gif