BVEStation

Author Topic: Making All Stops : Volume One Giveaway Topic #3  (Read 14462 times)

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Making All Stops : Volume One Giveaway Topic #3
« on: September 15, 2012, 01:14:54 am »
Once again we're running the giveaway contest, as we still have a couple of more books to giveaway.

This contest will end on October 14th.  The first contest was based on tokens, the second based on Facebook, this one will be a simple post in this topic.  One post on this topic will qualify as an entry for you, anymore posts will not be counted.  The regular rules apply, in that you must be 13 or older to enter, and live within the 48 US states.  If you already won, you may not enter again.

Make a post on what is your favorite NYC Subway Line, and why, and what is your least favorite subway line and why.
BVEStation.

Offline [CT1660]

• Dispatcher
  • openBVE Developer, OMSI Repainter & Engine Modder
    • View Profile
    • Enter The Lair
Re: Making All Stops : Volume One Giveaway Topic #3
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 01:20:31 am »
My favorite line is the (7) Flushing Line, mainly since it's a childhood route and the years i've dealt with it through High School and currently College.

My least favorite line is the (J) (Z) Nassau St/Jamaica Line, only because of the ridiculous headways between trains.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 01:29:55 am »
My favorite NYC Subway line is the A, because of the variety of trackage it runs on, and it's use of R32s in the summer. My least favorite route is the R line because of its horrid headways and timers galore.

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 01:47:35 am »
I don't have a favorite, but I will say the 6 because it passes near one of my favorite colleges and it has pretty nice stations. Least favorite is the 2. The line is just boring south of 42nd Street.
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline nyctrman

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 09:00:09 pm »
I would say my favorite line will be the D when heading to 174th 175th for the reason it brings back memories since i was little kid when my mom my sisters and my self would relax on the D and then when i had to run a errand to go see my aunt on my old it brought back memories on the D plus was quickest way to go home at late nights when it was Express and my least favorite line would be the R mostly from canal all the way down to 95th and vice verse the line is too slow takes hours to get me to a transfer for a express but that is my most favorite and most least line

Offline Orion V CNG #748

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 01:53:39 am »
My favorite line would have to be the B train because it brings me back some memories when it still had the R40 slants making express stops on the brighton line. Most of the slants were on the B and it was one of the unique trainsets out there. used to be....

My least favorite would be the 6 train due to its high levels of crimes, such as stabbings, gunshots, robberies, etc...

Offline ???????????????

• Regular Developer
  • Supervisor
  • ??????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 08:25:47 am »
My favorite line is A because there are drama(arguing, fighting, blaming, insulting and drunk),
smell very weird, loud, and faster riding.

My favorite line are H(for R32) and S(for R46) because rockaway parks culture :)

Offline AyooDess

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 07:00:26 pm »
My favorite line would be the (N) because I would get off at 59 Street. Most people would assume I would stop at 8th Avenue because it's an Asian neighbourhood and I'm asian too, but I get out at 59th which sometimes leaves the people who assumed wondering why I got out at that station.

My least favorite line would be the (R) for having a local route. It takes a long time to get from Bay Ridge to Woodhaven Blvd in my opinion. It takes about 1+ hour/s

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 08:45:35 pm »
My favorite line would be the (N) because I would get off at 59 Street. Most people would assume I would stop at 8th Avenue because it's an Asian neighbourhood and I'm asian too, but I get out at 59th which sometimes leaves the people who assumed wondering why I got out at that station.

My least favorite line would be the (R) for having a local route. It takes a long time to get from Bay Ridge to Woodhaven Blvd in my opinion. It takes about 1+ hour/s
I completely agree with you, the (N) is my favorite, I think its efficient and least favorite is the (R) becuase it is very inefficient and is a all local line. Cmon, waiting 20 minutes for the (R) during rush hour while 2-4 (N) trains pass by, that's pathetic.

Offline ARome

• Operator
  • One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 12:21:37 pm »
My favorite line is the (D) Mostly because it does bring back memories such as when it use to run via Brighton before it hit the West End. It's always on time, except when there are people who hold the doors or pull the EMG Cord. On the other hand, my least favorite line would be the (R), rarely comes on time when you wait for it, etc.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 02:54:27 pm »
Congratulations to bve, for winning Giveaway #3.
BVEStation.

Offline AyooDess

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 05:45:56 pm »
I completely agree with you, the (N) is my favorite, I think its efficient and least favorite is the (R) becuase it is very inefficient and is a all local line. Cmon, waiting 20 minutes for the (R) during rush hour while 2-4 (N) trains pass by, that's pathetic.
Right. Especially in summer when it's hot as hell, I have to wait like 20-30 minutes just for a (R) to arrive.

Offline ceelboogie1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 11:42:09 am »
My absolute favorite line is the (A) because of the variety of runs it has and the length of the line. Although everyone has made a case for the (R) line being the least favorite line (all points that were made are absolutely 1000% correct) has anyone really considered the purpose for the (Z) line yet! I know it is supposed to supplement the (J) during rush hours but really does anyone else wish it was a regular line so you can possibly say that have actually been on a (Z). I have only ridden that train once since 1995!
ceelboogie1- crown heights 24/7/366

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 01:45:38 pm »
Is that an entry for the contest? Cause the contest for October is over.  Feel free to make a post in Giveaway #4.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:48:28 pm by ipac »
BVEStation.