BVEStation

Author Topic: Station Walls In Routes  (Read 5879 times)

Offline BeeRyDavis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Station Walls In Routes
« on: February 02, 2012, 04:22:58 pm »
I'm coding a route and I don't know how to create station walls. Can someone tell me what I have to do? I appreciate any help I can get.

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Station Walls In Routes
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:04:58 pm »
You have to go and take pictures of the walls of the stations in real life.
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline BeeRyDavis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 05:15:07 pm »
even for a fictional route

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 05:24:32 pm »
even for a fictional route

Yes, but only if it uses real-life stations. If it does not, you will have to hand-draw the textures in Paint.NET or something. This is why fictional routes can not be 5th Generation, because they can not be completely photorealistic, since their real life counterparts do not exist.

Offline BeeRyDavis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 06:16:27 pm »
Thanks

Offline nelson3001

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:22:57 pm »
Yes, but only if it uses real-life stations. If it does not, you will have to hand-draw the textures in Paint.NET or something. This is why fictional routes can not be 5th Generation, because they can not be completely photorealistic, since their real life counterparts do not exist.
I think that technically you can just create a completely new route over existing structures and call it fictional because it doesn't/never exists but wouldn't it be a fifth gen route?

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 08:30:45 pm »
I think that technically you can just create a completely new route over existing structures and call it fictional because it doesn't/never exists but wouldn't it be a fifth gen route?

Technically yes, but only the stations that it uses that exist in real life can be fully photorealistic. But fictional routes pretty much always use stations that do not exist in real life, we do not have any 5th Generation fictional routes yet.

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 01:58:34 pm »
I'm coding a route and I don't know how to create station walls. Can someone tell me what I have to do? I appreciate any help I can get.

First of all you will have to build and model the actual wall. For that, you can either use a wall that is already available from another author, or you can code one yourself if you know how to (platforms are 1.1meters high so start your wall there, top it off at 4 meters; 25 meters long)

Then as said by others, you will have to go texturize your wall (unless if you want a blank wall or solid colors, which can be coded directly using BVE). Textures must be a square (128x128, 256x256 etc).
If you choose to use a photo as your texture, make sure that the photo is evenly lit (no dark corners) and is taken at a straight facing point of view (no angles).