BVEStation

Author Topic: Something that has been bothering me  (Read 23371 times)

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
Re: Something that has been bothering me
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 09:48:47 pm »
With my frame rate, my computer couldnt handle the F. it can't handle most of Jay's routes.
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 09:57:33 pm »
To add to realism, roads should be set the way they are in real life and not in right angles to the trestle like how the NYCT routes now are currently confined to. That could also be asking for too much though.
Previously known as pjiang6211

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 10:13:50 pm »
Yea things operators can see should be added.I'm gonna try my best to help with the (4) as far as landmarks.Old Yankee Stadium is gone.Tracy Towers is a must for the (4),the expressway after Mt Eden Av is a must,Monetfiore Hospital after Mosholu is a must also.As far as parks there doesn't need to be playgrounds but just trees and grass.

Offline (SIR) North Shore Line

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 12:22:10 am »
This is why it's important to leave feedback so that the developer can know what to fix and what not.

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 04:40:53 pm »
This is why it's important to leave feedback so that the developer can know what to fix and what not.
Except that at the same time we get criticized by others who are sick of hearing stuff like this because they justify this kind of feedback as being "picky". I'm not giving any names, but there are probably people in BVEStation right now that think the same thing.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:42:27 pm by Gong Gahou »
Previously known as pjiang6211

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 05:28:18 pm »
my view on the whole thing is, why post anything if you don't want feedback? It's just feeding your ego then if you're showing stuff just to be praised.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 09:31:37 pm »
Agreed,I was looking for the cementery along the (F) and I was like wtf that's an important noticable location.Other than that the (F) is fine with buildings.
Well, maybe JayJay didn't want the route to get haunted!

Either way, with the changes going on, routes do need current stuff such as Citi Field for the 7, and the new Yankee Stadium for the 4. Of course, that's my opinion.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline jup

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2011, 01:48:25 pm »
Well, if I knew that fictional routes were outta style, I wouldnt have "wasted" my time even though nobody asked me too. I thought I would do a route that was fictional that could be realistic and not somethin thrown together w/ unrealistic routing. Im finished w/ KN, but Im nowhere close to having it the way I want it. So no kind of time pressure will make me release somethin stupid. I wanna make it look less stupid.

I would do a real route, but I dont have near the skill to start one. Then when u put crap out, folks will call u out and Im not interested in that. So u folks makin fictional routes, keep on keepin on cause Im always interested in what ideas people have.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2011, 09:55:40 pm »
Well, if I knew that fictional routes were outta style, I wouldnt have "wasted" my time even though nobody asked me too. I thought I would do a route that was fictional that could be realistic and not somethin thrown together w/ unrealistic routing. Im finished w/ KN, but Im nowhere close to having it the way I want it. So no kind of time pressure will make me release somethin stupid. I wanna make it look less stupid.

I would do a real route, but I dont have near the skill to start one. Then when u put crap out, folks will call u out and Im not interested in that. So u folks makin fictional routes, keep on keepin on cause Im always interested in what ideas people have.
I really like what you have going on with the KN though. Really interesting. You should keep working on it
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2011, 11:07:56 pm »
I think most people make Fictional routes just to get a feel of making things. Like me
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2011, 11:14:08 pm »
I think most people make Fictional routes just to get a feel of making things. Like me
I'm still trying to get my EL from The Bronx to Manhattan started, but I just have less and less time. I'll eventually get around to it.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline sonylr

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2011, 08:42:32 am »
we would do a real route, but dont have near the skill to start one. Then when we put crap out, folks will call u out and Im not interested in that. So u folks makin fictional routes, keep on keepin on cause Im always interested in what ideas people have.