BVEStation

Author Topic: (RELEASED) Official Development thread for the R46 for OpenBVE  (Read 248107 times)

Offline Dr. Subway18

• Operator
  • proud 1999 Kenworth W900B owner(NTC cummins, 10sp)
    • View Profile
Re: (RELEASED) Official Development thread for the R46 for OpenBVE
« Reply #195 on: February 07, 2012, 10:59:40 pm »
BTW were any improvements done to the exterior since the last picture update? would it be possible to add the "chains" Between cars

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 08, 2012, 07:40:29 am »
would it be possible to add the "chains" Between cars
It can be added, that's for sure, but it won't be able to work like it actually does in real life. When the train turns, the chains will "break".
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 07:49:33 am by Gong Gahou »
Previously known as pjiang6211

Offline Dr. Subway18

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 08, 2012, 12:53:52 pm »
It can be added, that's for sure, but it won't be able to work like it actually does in real life. When the train turns, the chains will "break".
well ive done this in MSTS for the nyc rolling stock. If the train turns and they leave a gap make them so they are built on a curve so they overlay, that way when the train turns its maximum it still wont have a gap and on straignt track it still goes good. it looks kind of dumb prob to you expert train developers but it actually works. And knowing how to make 3d poles you could make the rope springs 3D but thats if people can wait for the best.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:49:18 pm by Dr. Subway18 »

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 08, 2012, 11:49:17 pm »
well ive done this in MSTS for the nyc rolling stock. If the train turns and they leave a gap make them so they are built on a curve so they overlay, that way when the train turns its maximum it still wont have a gap and on straignt track it still goes good. it looks kind of dumb prob to you expert train developers but it actually works. And knowing how to make 3d poles you could make the rope springs 3D but thats if people can wait for the best.

Do remember most of our users really don't have a good CPU and by adding more 3D elements may cause the train to be not operable in openBVE I think we can do without that for now.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #199 on: February 09, 2012, 12:06:04 am »
Thats pretty cool, but it doesn't account for height differences between cars as they go up and down grades.

Offline Dr. Subway18

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2012, 12:35:53 am »
Thats pretty cool, but it doesn't account for height differences between cars as they go up and down grades.
yeah ur right. SMH wish we could code moveable ropes with being FPS friendly. we can but we havent reached that point yet, but we will oneday  ;D . @ Imanuel
 3D would be a option to the developer. but eventually we will have to put it in as time goes on. Imagine what rail sims will be like in the next 10 years or so..... :o :o

Offline ErrorMacro11

• Operator
  • FreeLance Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2012, 02:40:42 pm »
will the R44 be based on this after the R46 is completed

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2012, 05:05:10 pm »
will the R44 be based on this after the R46 is completed

That will be up to ZeroBeats. And it is not very likely that he will use Rikabs' exterior, since he already did so much hard work modifying JayJay's R46 exterior.
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2012, 01:47:57 pm »
For those who are wondering, the R46 project is still very well alive and now better than ever.. I plan on having some type of beta train out soon, sorry about the repeated delays. Rikabs & I have put lots and lots of work into the train and are continuing to do so even now, so please be patient; you won't be disappointed.

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2012, 01:52:54 pm »
Sounds great, but what about optimization? Did you guys make it so that it will be relatively easier than before on computers?
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline GloomBlue

• New Recruit
  • Random things happen....
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2012, 03:32:36 pm »
Since your working on it, I was wondering  will there be way more improvements then the last one, even though I never got the beta test last time?

Offline pitor160

• Operator
  • BVEStation Contibutor
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2012, 03:47:31 pm »
For those who are wondering, the R46 project is still very well alive and now better than ever.. I plan on having some type of beta train out soon, sorry about the repeated delays. Rikabs & I have put lots and lots of work into the train and are continuing to do so even now, so please be patient; you won't be disappointed.
Just asking early Bill, may I beta test.
Thank You,
Harold Pena(PitoR160)

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2012, 06:24:05 pm »
Do you think you could post some screenshots of the up to date R46 for us to see?

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2012, 12:15:59 am »
Here you are:

We're not done yet though..

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor