BVEStation

Author Topic: (WIP) The IRT SMEE Fleet (R12-R36ML & WF) Development Thread [+Previews]  (Read 271600 times)

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: R33WF [Worlds Fair] Official Thread + Preview
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2011, 05:14:58 pm »
Well what will probably happen is the initial release will be a train of solid R33-WFs.

Later a full TOMC exterior can be finished that includes the R17, R12, etc...

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2011, 09:28:14 pm »
Well what will probably happen is the initial release will be a train of solid R33-WFs.

Goodie! What about the R15? Also, if you do make an R12, the original one, its brakes gave at around 10 MPH
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2011, 12:12:26 am »

Goodie! What about the R15? Also, if you do make an R12, the original one, its brakes gave at around 10 MPH

what i was thinking was releasing all separate trains like r17,r12 etc.. and then in the end combining it to the Train Of Many Colors.
i have no idea on how long it will take to do that since it takes a while to create a high quality cab.

after this is released i will work on the R33ML [Redbird] and the R36.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2011, 12:20:55 am »
Work on the R33-WF is progressing and the train is around 80% completion. Mr. Railfan has implemented some new sounds and has pretty much finished the panel (however the night panel is not finished).

The exterior is being worked on as well as the rollsign animation by Andrew.

Once this work is finished, the train will be sent to me for the final touches, compression, documentation creation, and release. Quite a large leap from the first generation of the R33-WF for OpenBVE.......

Offline Orion V CNG #748

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2011, 03:37:02 am »
80%?! It's gonna be awesome because we need more trains around here. Take your time  ;)

Offline nelson3001

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2011, 08:09:57 pm »
So, here we have our R33WF side . The first thing that we want to do is to create a rough sketch by using another picture or the datasheet . Now we are going to copy down the entire length of the doors to out clipboard. Very carefully position the doors on the picture and have it line up properly. You can paste them off as one door or two doors. So here is your R33WF side exterior(here's the link)http://postimage.org/image/u8p203s4/. Thanks for watching. To learn more visit us on the web at ]http://www.prguitarman.com/index.php?id=348]

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2011, 10:29:15 pm »
So, here we have our R33WF side . The first thing that we want to do is to create a rough sketch by using another picture or the datasheet . Now we are going to copy down the entire length of the doors to out clipboard. Very carefully position the doors on the picture and have it line up properly. You can paste them off as one door or two doors. So here is your R33WF side exterior(here's the link)http://postimage.org/image/u8p203s4/. Thanks for watching. To learn more visit us on the web at ]http://www.prguitarman.com/index.php?id=348]

thanks again but we already have an exterior [with the exclusion of a proper front]

its Still a work in progress though.

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2011, 10:34:16 pm »
Just a question; I remember learning somewhere that the R33WF's have 2 different cab variations, some R33WF's have R32-style cabs while others have R38-style cabs. Will both variations be included when this train is released?
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline nelson3001

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2011, 11:18:55 pm »
thanks again but we already have an exterior [with the exclusion of a proper front]

its Still a work in progress though.
Just a little constructive critisism, it looks great but it's dim and museum like. I know the pictures were taken at the museum but isn't there a way to make the texture a little bit brighter? And the black stripe separating the white from the blue gets covered up by the top. Other than that great work, and if you decide to do something with my side exterior just mention me in the credits and inform me what you did because I like to have everything I can get my hands on.

Offline MegaChulo95

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2011, 10:02:28 pm »
Going to put a video
MegaChulo95

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2011, 11:39:59 pm »
Sorry for not posting an update for a while, taking three AP courses this year has really cut in to my free time.

Nevertheless, work on the R33-WF has been progressing smoothly. Thanks to Mr. Railfan the R33-WF now has an accurate 2CY compressor sound (and it sounds so great!), and animated rollsigns similar in operation to the R38 have been implemented by Andy.

Now it is just a matter of creating a dark version of the cab for tunnels, doing some more exterior work, and a little bit of QA/QC time and the train will be done.

I will look in to implementing animated trucks and wheels similar or identical to the ones on the R46 exterior (The R33-WF and the R46 may have different propulsion and brake systems, but they both use the same exact cast truck design), but no promises.

Pretty soon, BETA testing will commence.
You must adhere to these guidelines to be a BETA tester:
1: You have to have been on the forums for more than 1.5 years (Some exceptions can be made for special cases)
2:You must be MATURE, responsible, and a well-regarded member of the forum.
3: You must be easily contactable by email and PM.

If you adhere to these rules and wish to BETA test, please PM me with your email. Sometime in October I will send out BETA versions of the train and testing will commence.

Offline Smooth23

• Conductor
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2011, 12:00:32 am »
Hammers you know I am down for the Beta and I am ALWAYS available. I tested the R38 for ya

Offline Rikabs

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2011, 12:45:40 am »
DJHammers, just so you know I'd gladly let you use my R46 trucks for your R33WF. It looks very similar in design anyways.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2011, 03:13:55 pm »
Mr. Railfan has recieved the R33-WF from me to do some finishing up on the cab and then BETA testing will commence. The train should be within the next 2 weeks, but no guarantees.

Offline pitor160

• Operator
  • BVEStation Contibutor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2011, 04:47:08 pm »
Mr. Railfan has recieved the R33-WF from me to do some finishing up on the cab and then BETA testing will commence. The train should be within the next 2 weeks, but no guarantees.
Can i test i been here for a year can that be a exception. Thank you