BVEStation

Author Topic: OpenAL major issues with OpenBVE  (Read 7294 times)

Ztraintobroad

OpenAL major issues with OpenBVE
« on: December 20, 2016, 07:35:33 pm »
So for some odd reason OpenAL is having a heart attack on my system and it's really pissing me off. It was working just fine last week!

When I load OpenBVE, there is no sound that plays from the program itself. If I load up Routevewier it will freeze and say "The sound device could not be opened." I have reinstalled OpenAL at least 78 times by now. I have no clue what the issue is. HELP!!!

Ztraintobroad

Re: OpenAL major issues with OpenBVE
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 07:45:52 pm »
And yes I have tried reinstalling, running the game as administrator, and still nothings working.

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 07:42:56 am »
Download the previous stable release version from here and the most current version here. You also need OpenAL (if it is not provided already), and the latest version of .NET Framework 4 or 5. Hope one of these helps.

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 09:35:52 am »
I've downloaded all the previous stable versions, none of them seem to be working. It's OPENAL that's causing the issue, OPENBVE isn't recognizing that OPENAL is installed.

Offline SimCentral

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 04:08:20 pm »
Again, OpenBVE isn't the issue. It's OpenAL. I have downloaded OpenAL from that site like 12 times already.

Offline SimCentral

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 06:01:44 pm »
Again, OpenBVE isn't the issue. It's OpenAL. I have downloaded OpenAL from that site like 12 times already.

Try downloading everything in that link since redownloading OpenAL doesn't help you. Basically like you are reinstalling OpenBVE and it's components.

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 07:24:52 am »
Still dosent work...maybe someone like iPac can help?

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 08:15:35 pm »
Re-install OpenBVE. If that doesn't work, re-install all of the dependencies for OpenBVE (OpenAL, .NET Framework, all the SDL files, etc.). The admins have other things to attend to within their lives, and some of us here in the forums are trying help you. If you are not willing to let other people besides admins help you, you should not ask your question. Plain and simple.

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 12:04:59 am »
Some more information would be helpful:
  • Have you installed any new drivers recently?
  • Have you changed hardware in your computer recently?
  • When did this error appear? Did you just try to play one day and it appeared? Try to do a system restore to a point before the error started popping up

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 11:58:18 am »
There was a windows update that came a week ago. It was working two weeks ago but then I got into OMSI 2 for a whole week then when I wanted to develop this issue started appearing again. I have not installed any new drivers, no hardware was changed, and I just wanted to play it and then it happened.

Here's something:
When OPENAL works, the moment I click on start in OpenBVE it immediately launches up the loading window. When OPENAL dosent work, the moment I click start in OpenBVE the loading window won't load up until about 37 seconds have passed.

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2016, 01:57:24 am »
Does this issue only appear occasionally or has it been appearing every single time you've launched openBVE?

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 12:56:52 am »
Sometimes it will work, most of the time it won't.