BVEStation

Author Topic: openbve lags when loading in object fps drops alot  (Read 16107 times)

Offline joeyjet625

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: openbve lags when loading in object fps drops alot
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 04:03:51 pm »
well when I play the game my cpu stays at 12% and on other games it goes up and I have the setting that u have

Offline joeyjet625

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 10:33:56 pm »
is it normal for your cpu to stay at 12 % while playing openbve??

Offline GG_Train

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member and Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2019, 07:23:30 pm »
While this is an old thread and I have not posted in a while, this subject is of particular interest for me. First I am getting back to my interest in my building a subway version of the Staten Island Railway. There is a separate thread on that subject. I have encountered this problem, even going over the openbve source code to search for the problem and possible solution. I am undertaking a task of reducing textures by consolidating images. I am having little success, but in thinking about the problem as the OP suggested loading all textures at one time and possibly keeping them active. I agree with this philosophy and I am attempting to provide a solution. I will attempt to accomplish this by building  a "cache box" under all my landscapes which occur at 25 meter intervals. This will be an object encasing all textures. Each texture will only be a few inches square strategically placed under the landscape out of visual range. I want to do this so my route could run smooth on a 7 year old laptop. Mind you I am in the market for a 9th or 10th gen I9. If my solution is not successful than I have no choice but to throw a lot of power at the problem.
Joe