BVEStation

Author Topic: (RELEASED) Official Thread for SIR North Shore's New Tech Trains  (Read 301585 times)

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
Re: [OpenBVE] Official Thread for SIR North Shore's New Tech Trains
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2011, 09:10:48 pm »
It is possible through the use of a plugin and beacon commands I think.
Yes, something like that. the current station I think is the easiest one, or the destination, since it registers it as a *Terminal Station*
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline (SIR) North Shore Line

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2011, 12:04:13 am »
hey (SIR) or anyone else...im a huge fan of openbve but im not as active
i do have a question though: the R179 has the exterior and the sounds like the R160, the only difference is the panel
if someone could tell me if thats true or not...that would be great ;D

Well, there are no big differences except the route icon in the CBTC screen and the fact that it says "R179A" on the panel instead of R160, so I guess you could say it is sort-of true.

BTW, SIR, since the R179 already has working interior LED's, will you also (if it's possible) make them synchronized with what station you are at, as long as you are driving the right route? Like, for example, if I was driving the (F) train and I was just at Kings Hwy station, it would say that the next stop is Avenue P, and so on, instead of just always saying that the next stop is Parsons Blvd. Just a suggestion...

The real R179 will most likely be another rendition of the R143 & R160 so that's why it seems so similar in OpenBVE but when the real R179 design is released, I'll definitely change it up.

Also, I would like that feature more than anything subwaytrainoperator but it's only possible through a plugin like DJ Hammers mentioned which is an area that I have no expertise on. I used to only develop new sounds for BVE4 trains so actually developing trains for OpenBVE is still new to me right now.

The next train due for an update will be the R143.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 02, 2011, 04:22:13 pm »
In order for the beacon command to work well with the train, it must be specified in the route file what system will you be running. On top of that the ATS system must be installed properly on the train itself. For example if you check out what Rayvon did with the Riverbank Park Shuttle you will see what I mean.

If you look at the beginning of the route you will see the change.route command, and you will see the beacon command displayed through out the route.

Offline nelson3001

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2011, 07:59:55 pm »
Well, there are no big differences except the route icon in the CBTC screen and the fact that it says "R179A" on the panel instead of R160, so I guess you could say it is sort-of true.

BTW, SIR, since the R179 already has working interior LED's, will you also (if it's possible) make them synchronized with what station you are at, as long as you are driving the right route? Like, for example, if I was driving the (F) train and I was just at Kings Hwy station, it would say that the next stop is Avenue P, and so on, instead of just always saying that the next stop is Parsons Blvd. Just a suggestion...
I have an idea but i don't know if it's possible or practical
This will only be possible for one route and direction per train so you will have to make different versions for different lines.
At every station the find and everything else that changes at a station can be changed to the next station by pressing 4 or Home(example keys). For example, the J train, at Norwood Avenue it says: To Broad Street | The Next Stop Is | Cleveland St. | 8:00 AM    then aproaching the station change it to say: This Is | Cleveland St | This Is | Cleveland St   and so on. I do not know how to code this but it is my idea and I can explain the concept to the person who would like to create this by PM. I want to be acknowledged if my idea is used

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 05, 2011, 12:03:23 am »
I am awaiting the code from Aaron. When I receive it I will be able to modify it to those request. This can be accomplished using a key command just like the R38 roll signs for openBVE. Until then the train will be standard as how SIR made it.

Offline theflyingoreo

• Global Moderator
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 05, 2011, 12:43:40 am »

I have an idea but i don't know if it's possible or practical
This will only be possible for one route and direction per train so you will have to make different versions for different lines.
At every station the find and everything else that changes at a station can be changed to the next station by pressing 4 or Home(example keys). For example, the J train, at Norwood Avenue it says: To Broad Street | The Next Stop Is | Cleveland St. | 8:00 AM    then aproaching the station change it to say: This Is | Cleveland St | This Is | Cleveland St   and so on. I do not know how to code this but it is my idea and I can explain the concept to the person who would like to create this by PM. I want to be acknowledged if my idea is used

Already possible, the Hong Kong developers have got a working prototype.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #261 on: August 05, 2011, 01:17:06 am »
Pretty much anything with OpenBVE is possible. I'm still trying to get that going
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline nelson3001

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 05, 2011, 02:30:59 pm »
Pretty much anything with OpenBVE is possible. I'm still trying to get that going
It's time we give other rail-sims some competition. I hope that one day OpenBVE will be a Railworks quality simulation. I thank all the developers who take the time to continually evolve OpenBVE. :D

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 05, 2011, 02:33:10 pm »
It's time we give other rail-sims some competition. I hope that one day OpenBVE will be a Railworks quality simulation. I thank all the developers who take the time to continually evolve OpenBVE. :D

You're a bit late on the news.

http://railsimroutes.co.uk/blog/
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 05, 2011, 03:58:05 pm »
unless we can somehow implement a LED typeset into the display, the amount of images needed to make that plausible would be insane

Offline nelson3001

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 05, 2011, 04:53:12 pm »
unless we can somehow implement a LED typeset into the display, the amount of images needed to make that plausible would be insane
Yes when you think it through but I have 210 GB left on my computer and I'm just trying to help. If you have a better idea that's awesome but that's the best I can come up with. with almost 500 stops in the system and 24 routes i think it's pretty hard to make my idea a reality.

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 08, 2011, 03:31:56 pm »
R179 Version 8 update released! You must have version 7 installed already before installing version 8.

Offline nelson3001

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 08, 2011, 03:41:28 pm »
R179 Version 8 update released! You must have version 7 installed already before installing version 8.
What are the differences between Version 7 and 8?

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #268 on: August 09, 2011, 09:06:55 am »

Great update, but, ehh, didn't you say in an earlier post that the R143 was the next one to be updated after the R142/A v9?  ???
Signature Removed (dead link)

• Conductor
    • View Profile
It was supposed to be, but the R143 is going to have a new panel so it may take a bit longer. And since the (D) was released, I thought it would be nice to have an updated (D) R179 along with the rest.