BVEStation

Author Topic: Proper trains sets for the avaible routes  (Read 9193 times)

Offline Santanairt79

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Proper trains sets for the avaible routes
« on: May 09, 2013, 07:00:55 pm »
Hey its me...the new guy on here :). Can some please detail me on the trains sets I need for the routes. I currently have the 2 using R142, the e train using old school r32, the l and s frankin shuttle, and the 7 express I cant run the a,b,c,d,7(local). Any help be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
  • OMSI, openBVE, and Transit videomaker.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Proper trains sets for the avaible routes
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 07:06:37 pm »
If you have openBVE, you can use any train you want. But the realistic train for the (A) Line is the R46, for the (B) Line is the R68, for the (C) Line is the R32, for the (D) Line is the R68, for the (7) Line is the R62A.
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Favourite engine sound: Detroit Diesel Series 50
Favourite transmission sound: Allison B400R4/5
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline Santanairt79

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 07:18:28 pm »
Thanks you, but im running bve 2 which is trouble some at times some times I go to load a route n im redirected or it says I dont have access. What do I do?

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 07:27:37 pm »
BVE2 is very outdated. You can't run the latest versions of routes or trains on it, and on this website, the old versions of trains (and soon routes) get taken down when the new versions go up. So I would just recommend you get openBVE, as it is a lot easier and more flexible, it runs the new trains and routes, and it relieves you from all the problems you get.
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline Santanairt79

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 08:22:50 pm »
Ok I got open bve downloaded but a whole bunch of files on my on desktop n the openbve Icon when I click to open it says openbve encountered a problem n needs to close so if u dont mind and if you time can you walk me through please.

Offline rstar

• Operator
  • MailMan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 10:45:02 pm »
If you have openBVE, you can use any train you want. But the realistic train for the (A) Line is the R46, for the (B) Line is the R68, for the (C) Line is the R32, for the (D) Line is the R68, for the (7) Line is the R62A.
Don't forget the (B) use the R68A more than the R68

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 10:59:55 pm »
Don't forget the (B) use the R68A more than the R68

I don't think there is an up-to-date R68A on the downloads, unfortunately. Not that there are any major differences in the cab (other than of course the car number), but I guess we have no choice but to use the R68 in openBVE.

Ok I got open bve downloaded but a whole bunch of files on my on desktop n the openbve Icon when I click to open it says openbve encountered a problem n needs to close so if u dont mind and if you time can you walk me through please.

Make a folder anywhere you want called "openBVE". Then, after you download the ZIP file, extract everything into that folder. Then, create folders in the openBVE folder called "Railway" and "Train". Then, in the Railway folder, create folders called "Object", "Route", and "Sound". Then, create a desktop shortcut for the OpenBve.exe file. It should work fine then.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 11:02:17 pm by Nicholas Blonski »

Offline Failsafe

• Operator
  • Community Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 10:42:57 am »
OpenBve Really needs to get a proper installer like Bve2 and Bve4 do, alot of people get confused with OpenBve and all its files
Bvestation Police Department-To protect and serve

Offline trainbrain

• Conductor
  • Freelance Route Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 12:32:00 pm »
OpenBve Really needs to get a proper installer like Bve2 and Bve4 do, alot of people get confused with OpenBve and all its files

I totally agree. When I got BVE 2 to begin (and later BVE 4) the installers are very simple. But with OpenBVE, I was confused with all the source code files floating around in a folder

Working on the Northbound 2nd Ave Subway and the eastbound JFK express.
Upcoming projects are the R11, R15 and R12 trains.
(All credit to goes to Lance522 for the signature)

Offline trainbrain

• Conductor
  • Freelance Route Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 12:39:33 pm »

Make a folder on your desktop called OpenBve.
Download the program with the complete source code, and extract all of it in to that folder.
Please make a list and post here all the .dll files and all the folders and I will tell you if you are missing stuff.
(I had this problem too ;))

Working on the Northbound 2nd Ave Subway and the eastbound JFK express.
Upcoming projects are the R11, R15 and R12 trains.
(All credit to goes to Lance522 for the signature)

Offline Santanairt79

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 10:03:14 pm »
Okay on my desktop I have openbve folder, a userdata, data,   and source code folder. Dll files as follows: openbveapi.dll,tao.openal.dll,tao.opengl.dll,tao.sdl.dll,sdl.dll all on my desktop

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 07:23:34 pm »
there used to be a windows openbve setup for 1.something but its outdated now.