BVEStation

Author Topic: Full F from Coney Island - Stillwell Avenue  (Read 44241 times)

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Full F from Coney Island - Stillwell Avenue
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2011, 08:10:01 am »
You also need the newest (Q) line.

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline TJay1724

• Developer
  • Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2011, 06:13:50 pm »
What's up folks? I can't lie, I do think it is a bit annoying and kind of insane for 1 route to have so many dependencies. I do understand that it's supposed to minimize having more than one of the same objects, but it actually has become kind of convoluted. Some people may not want to have all the routes. For example, JayJay's Z extention requires not only the full F, but all of the other required files and I do think that's kind of insane just to run an extention. I have all of the required files to run the F and I still get error messages and missing files, so I do understand the frustration of some of the people here. I'm not trying to blast anyone or belittle because you all do great work, but this dependency thing is kind of crazy.

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2011, 06:23:15 pm »
I cant wait to the Queens Local (F),  ;D

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2011, 06:42:51 pm »
what if there was just one common object folder that all of the NYCTA routes use? Then just distribute it along with an updater application. Correct if im wrong but I think that route files may need to have their coding changed in order to reference the correct object folder though.

Of course it should also be distributed as a .7z file for mac and linux users.

Just my two cents on the topic.  ;)

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2011, 06:57:34 pm »
what if there was just one common object folder that all of the NYCTA routes use? Then just distribute it along with an updater application. Correct if im wrong but I think that route files may need to have their coding changed in order to reference the correct object folder though.

Of course it should also be distributed as a .7z file for mac and linux users.

Just my two cents on the topic.  ;)
We're working on that. Notice how the objects for all of Joe's routes are separated by trunk lines, it made a lot more sense to sort the objects that way, but of course this organization method in itself is also imperfect.  Another idea was the NYCTCommon folder, which some people may have but I don't know what happened to that. Speaking on the F, I believe JayJay tried to minimize the dependencies by just releasing the octavia folder but in the end whatever he creates is his prerogative and hopefully he'll find a way to cut down on dependencies in the future.

Offline TJay1724

• Developer
  • Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2011, 08:15:48 pm »
I agree to the point that it is developer's choice, but if you look at the london underground routes as well as about 95% of the BVE world, they mainly have individual files which makes it simpler for people to install and play. I've been on the BVE scene since 2000 and as far as I can tell, we are the only group that does this. Sure there are some routes that may have 1 dependency, 2 at the most, but for the most part, they all carry seperate folders.

Offline richie11

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2011, 06:48:26 am »
hi im new here and i downloaded everything for this route and it saying file read error and then this:
c:\program files\bve\railway\route\brrtemp.csv(287) : error 53: File not found
but the number in quotations go on to 288,349-353,356,356,360,990,991-998,1006,1007,1009,1010,1524-1535. can anybody please help me. i did everything possible and i downloaded everything i need to run this

Offline Orion V CNG #748

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2011, 07:57:45 am »
hi im new here and i downloaded everything for this route and it saying file read error and then this:
but the number in quotations go on to 288,349-353,356,356,360,990,991-998,1006,1007,1009,1010,1524-1535. can anybody please help me. i did everything possible and i downloaded everything i need to run this
First, welcome to BVEStation Forums. Richie, if you keep on getting these errors make sure that everything is in the correct places the (F).csv or .rw file should be in the routes folder. make sure that you have the A V and the Q routes along with it, or else it wont work. The objects folder from the A V and Q lines should be in the c:\program files\bve\railway\objects. and the sounds obviously goes in c:\program files\bve\railway\sounds.

If another problem comes up like this again post a new topic in the BVE/OpenBVE support center

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:59:44 am by Williamster17 »

Offline richie11

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2011, 09:37:45 am »
First, welcome to BVEStation Forums. Richie, if you keep on getting these errors make sure that everything is in the correct places the (F).csv or .rw file should be in the routes folder. make sure that you have the A V and the Q routes along with it, or else it wont work. The objects folder from the A V and Q lines should be in the c:\program files\bve\railway\objects. and the sounds obviously goes in c:\program files\bve\railway\sounds.

If another problem comes up like this again post a new topic in the BVE/OpenBVE support center

Hope this helps.

Thank u ill try it out later