BVEStation

Author Topic: R46 and R68A Issues... Please help!!!!!!!  (Read 5602 times)

Offline justinjerrell

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
R46 and R68A Issues... Please help!!!!!!!
« on: June 08, 2015, 06:35:29 pm »
Im a novice to the openebve/bve community and I love all the new things that Im learning. i JUST HAVE TWO SERIOUS PROBLEMS and maybe its something that Im not doing. I downloaded the R46,  R68A and unfortunately neither work. I keep getting Over 100 error messages that are telling me that the body of the train is missing, red and blue transparent files are missing. The R68A loads with a rectangular box and  I downloaded both from the bvestation. Ive tried moving files around and even redownloading them but nothings working. I would really appreciate it if I could get some help. Thank you in advance :)

Offline OIG119

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: R46 and R68A Issues... Please help!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 12:10:07 pm »
Im a novice to the openebve/bve community and I love all the new things that Im learning. i JUST HAVE TWO SERIOUS PROBLEMS and maybe its something that Im not doing. I downloaded the R46,  R68A and unfortunately neither work. I keep getting Over 100 error messages that are telling me that the body of the train is missing, red and blue transparent files are missing. The R68A loads with a rectangular box and  I downloaded both from the bvestation. Ive tried moving files around and even redownloading them but nothings working. I would really appreciate it if I could get some help. Thank you in advance :)
Did you test any other trains to see if they have the same problems? Also one note, if the exterior is a gray box, then it is possible that the developer of the train didn't specify an exterior in the extensions.cfg file, if it is present. I also have the R68A, and the exterior is a gray box, but it doesn't hinder operation. I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit, and there haven't been any major problems for me that involve the train loading improperly.
No wonder that ant gets around so fast! He has his own subway.
Don't forget to check out the OIG119 YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1UnU6-GCUndgV3kO-cOkjg

Offline Ramirez1523

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 11:01:01 pm »
@Justinjerrell The R68A does not have an exterior at this time so that explains the rectangular boxes, if you want an exterior the R68 has one.  I would need more information to troubleshoot the issue you are having with the R46

The reason the R68a does not have an exterior is because the one up for download pre-dates OpenBve, it was originally meant for BVE2.  I know there is and R68a around with an exterior but if i remember correctly the developer left and took his content with him.  Maybe you can dig up and old link, good luck!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:20:43 pm by Ramirez1523 »

Offline SimCentral

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 07:42:49 am »
The r68 can be found at ct1660s sitehttp://shadow93.info/CT1660/openBVE_DLC.html

Offline Ramirez1523

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 02:44:53 pm »
So there is and R68 by Mr. Railfan and an R68a by Dumb4life

Offline justinjerrell

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 03:24:13 pm »
Thank you for responding to my question. Im sorry that I'm just getting back, Happy 4th of July btw!!!!!!!!!!!! I've downloaded the R68 and I love it however I don't know the first thing about creating or copying/pasting an exterior, plus I don't know coding so I won't be able to get the doors to work. I did however notice that there were a great deal of files missing in the R46 download. I know I haven't been the only novice with this problem and since that's the case why weren't these files redownloaded to the site to prevent future issues????? Just saying...