BVEStation

Author Topic: Rollsign Issues  (Read 8568 times)

Offline amtrak706

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Rollsign Issues
« on: December 29, 2015, 08:19:23 pm »
Hello everybody,

I have an issue with OpenBVE that is apparently pretty common. The animated rollsigns on the cars up for download here (specifically the R32, R38, R40, R40M, R42, R46, and R68) will, after a day or so, stop working. Mashing the assigned keys does nothing. So, I have spent quite a bit of time researching this problem. Apparently, it is caused by the file 'OS_Ats1.dll', which, as far as I know, controls the built-in ATS function --- although I'm not sure what this has to do with the plugin for animating the rollsigns.

I have read a couple suggested fixes, both of which have worked temporarily for me, but the bug will always come back after a while. One fix was to re-download the train with the issue, although as soon as one train would go, the rest of the fleet's signs would stop working. This worked twice, both times I replaced the R42. However, on the third try, this stopped working. I tried replacing the rest of the rolling stock with animated rollsigns, and still no fix. More Googling turned up another potential solution: add the OpenBVE folder to your antivirus software's exclusions. I did this (I have the free version of Avast) and my signs were once again functional --- for a few days. They have stopped working again. Now, none of those fixes will work.

This problem has me a little stumped. I have read that the plugin that controls these signs does not work on Mac OS X, but I'm running Windows 10, so it should be perfectly compatible. Also, recently a weird new part of this problem has emerged. On the R38 only, applying the brakes will trigger the route sign (bottom one) to start scrolling --- and releasing the brakes will stop the sign from scrolling! I have absolutely no idea how this is happening, and it has only happened in the latest recurrence of the bug.

If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 08:33:17 pm by amtrak706 »

Offline BVERailer

• Operator
  • Your average railfan, I guess..
    • View Profile
Re: Rollsign Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 09:04:31 pm »
Hello everybody,

I have an issue with OpenBVE that is apparently pretty common. The animated rollsigns on the cars up for download here (specifically the R32, R38, R40, R40M, R42, R46, and R68) will, after a day or so, stop working. Mashing the assigned keys does nothing. So, I have spent quite a bit of time researching this problem. Apparently, it is caused by the file 'OS_Ats1.dll', which, as far as I know, controls the built-in ATS function --- although I'm not sure what this has to do with the plugin for animating the rollsigns.

I have read a couple suggested fixes, both of which have worked temporarily for me, but the bug will always come back after a while. One fix was to re-download the train with the issue, although as soon as one train would go, the rest of the fleet's signs would stop working. This worked twice, both times I replaced the R42. However, on the third try, this stopped working. I tried replacing the rest of the rolling stock with animated rollsigns, and still no fix. More Googling turned up another potential solution: add the OpenBVE folder to your antivirus software's exclusions. I did this (I have the free version of Avast) and my signs were once again functional --- for a few days. They have stopped working again. Now, none of those fixes will work.

This problem has me a little stumped. I have read that the plugin that controls these signs does not work on Mac OS X, but I'm running Windows 10, so it should be perfectly compatible. Also, recently a weird new part of this problem has emerged. On the R38 only, applying the brakes will trigger the route sign (bottom one) to start scrolling --- and releasing the brakes will stop the sign from scrolling! I have absolutely no idea how this is happening, and it has only happened in the latest recurrence of the bug.

If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.
Thanks!
Search for another post called Issues with OSAts1.dll in bve/openbve support. I posted a link to a file. Add that file to your game directory in the first folder. Check for other ones where I replied with a link to a file. The file name is AtsPluginProxy.dll.
I am BVERailer. I love to play openBVE and other simulation games. Please check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxp-G9E0TqfwJJQUQHiuZYw

Offline amtrak706

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 11:16:59 pm »
Search for another post called Issues with OSAts1.dll in bve/openbve support. I posted a link to a file. Add that file to your game directory in the first folder. Check for other ones where I replied with a link to a file. The file name is AtsPluginProxy.dll.

That thread was actually my main reference while searching for possible solutions. I already have the file, but like the OP in that thread, I replaced it with the one you linked to anyway, and the bug is still happening. I have also tried everything else the OP did short of making a new user, and nothing has fixed the bug.

This seems like a pretty notorious issue. Can anyone possibly further describe the function of these two DLLs and what relationship they have in the function of the animated rollsigns?

Offline SimCentral

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 12:09:42 pm »
Some routes have problems with the ATS plugin for rollsigns.does it do this in all routes or not.if its in all try restarting your pc

Offline amtrak706

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 05:20:43 pm »
Some routes have problems with the ATS plugin for rollsigns.does it do this in all routes or not.if its in all try restarting your pc

This happens in every route. And I have restarted my PC numerous times since I first had this issue.

Offline MTAR188Lover

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 10:00:21 pm »
Well you should replace your OpenBVE Folder with this. Not only this work fine but it tells you your loading percentage. Here is the link:  https://sites.google.com/site/openbvesim/openbve_dev_v1.4.3.1.7z?attredirects=0&d=1

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 02:00:36 am »
Well you should replace your OpenBVE Folder with this. Not only this work fine but it tells you your loading percentage. Here is the link:  https://sites.google.com/site/openbvesim/openbve_dev_v1.4.3.1.7z?attredirects=0&d=1
No grave digging please! Read the rules!!

Thread locked.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator