BVEStation

Author Topic: An actual Multiplayer OpenBVE (NOT Teamspeak)  (Read 22663 times)

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: An actual Multiplayer OpenBVE (NOT Teamspeak)
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 05:46:58 pm »
Nope, unless somebody else wants to develop it with Mac/Linux in mind.
BVEStation.

Offline enjineerR160

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 06:46:13 pm »
Aw. Well, I hope this new multiplayer goes well, so someone might consider developing for Mac/Linux. It would be really nice to be able to play a multiplayer version of openBVE on Mac! I wish you the best of luck, ipac!

Offline Slants4Lyfe

• Operator
  • 3 Years And Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 10:52:07 pm »
Ah...Newtown...how i miss it lol
Formally Known as tvega961

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
  • FAA Licensed Student Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 06:44:33 am »
Just as an FYI, the group I co-administrate, the International Transit Enthusiasts' Association (ITEA), has a semi-functional multiplayer system based on using a tower page, and having an aspect display which shows the aspect of your next automatic or interlocking signal. The plugin was functional on our old server to move trains when they passed over in-game beacons, and we're still working on it incorporating it on our new server. Essentially, the train passes over an in-game beacon and the train moves on the tower page. On the version without beacons, T/Os "punch in" when entering and leaving a station by pressing the ADU move button and then the tower page moves the train. Here are some images (the first is the tower page, the second is the aspect display):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i47l3054393coss/Screenshot%202015-07-04%2006.43.46.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4a6uawdeoh9uaf6/Screenshot%202015-07-04%2006.38.58.png?dl=0

Check out my YouTube channel by clicking the picture above!

Offline Ramirez1523

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 02:20:17 pm »
That looks awesome!! it would be really cool if one day we could have that for openbve, if we could have t.o.'s and Train Dispatchers and the train dispatchers can see something exactly like that with everyone online, and T.O's can actually see the next train in front of them :D

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 09:01:47 pm »
That looks awesome!! it would be really cool if one day we could have that for openbve, if we could have t.o.'s and Train Dispatchers and the train dispatchers can see something exactly like that with everyone online, and T.O's can actually see the next train in front of them :D
That's practically what we have, with the exception of working in-game interface between trains... but we hope to get that soon =)

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 11:38:09 pm »
No, their multiplayer is incompatible with the new generation of OpenBVE.

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 06:57:33 am »
No, their multiplayer is incompatible with the new generation of OpenBVE.
I don't know where this information was obtained from; probably somewhere unreliable because it is completely incorrect. Our multiplayer system is fully compatible with ALL versions of OpenBVE. I believe that there is another project that will create a newer version of BVE supposedly capable of multiplayer, but that is not set to be completed until next year. Our system is completely optional and is only used by members of our group. If you have never used the system, I simply ask you not to judge on its behalf. Thank you.

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 01:34:22 pm »
I'm not judging, and "supposedly" is judging. OpenBVE 4 won't be compatible with your multiplayer because the code will be totally different.

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2015, 07:21:00 pm »
I'm not judging, and "supposedly" is judging. OpenBVE 4 won't be compatible with your multiplayer because the code will be totally different.
I understand, and we will worry about OpenBVE 4 when it is actually existent. From now on, no more speculation will be responded to.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2015, 08:33:17 pm »
That's practically what we have, with the exception of working in-game interface between trains... but we hope to get that soon =)

What do you guys mean by working in-game interface between trains?  As in, the ability to see other players' trains in the game?
BVEStation.

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2015, 09:37:35 pm »
What do you guys mean by working in-game interface between trains?  As in, the ability to see other players' trains in the game?
Pretty much full interaction between trains in game and in-game signal changes as a result of other players moving their train.

Offline BVERailer

• Operator
  • Your average railfan, I guess..
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 09:25:12 am »
Do I have to play with people on my network? And how do I play multiplayer? What version do I need?
I am BVERailer. I love to play openBVE and other simulation games. Please check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxp-G9E0TqfwJJQUQHiuZYw

Offline Ramirez1523

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 10:08:46 am »
@BVERailer to my knowledge we do not have a multiplayer, that is why we are disscusing one in this thread, what we have is Teamspeak

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 01:41:26 pm »
Do I have to play with people on my network? And how do I play multiplayer? What version do I need?
@BVERailer to my knowledge we do not have a multiplayer, that is why we are disscusing one in this thread, what we have is Teamspeak
We have a hybrid. We use the multiplayer signals/board to simulate real life operations, while teamspeak is the radio.