BVEStation

Author Topic: I think this LF was throwing a fit because it had to be dragged back home  (Read 8388 times)

Offline Dr. Subway18

• Operator
  • proud 1999 Kenworth W900B owner(NTC cummins, 10sp)
    • View Profile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5KyFJuF0-lI#!                   Enjoy just found it on the Tube

Offline r160bve

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: I think this LF was throwing a fit because it had to be dragged back home
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 04:59:58 pm »
Damn wtf, the driver can't even tie the damn bus correctly. Surprisly I take the 495 to my dentist, and I've never seen something like this  ??? Luckliy this bus didnt crash into a divider or else it would be much worse....
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 05:02:12 pm by r160bve »
Check out my YouTube channel:
www.youtube.com/csx8851

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
  • OMSI, openBVE, and Transit videomaker.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 11:24:54 pm »
I wonder how this happened. How exactly is this possible? Had the bus's front wheels somehow turned all the way to the right and locked there?
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Favourite engine sound: Detroit Diesel Series 50
Favourite transmission sound: Allison B400R4/5
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline Dr. Subway18

• Operator
  • proud 1999 Kenworth W900B owner(NTC cummins, 10sp)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 12:53:53 am »
I wonder how this happened. How exactly is this possible? Had the bus's front wheels somehow turned all the way to the right and locked there?
he prob didnt tie the steering wheel or he didnt use something strong enough to hold it, IDK about transit buses but in many large vehicles the steering wheels dont lock like a car. And i guess he kept going because he didnt want to just stop in the middle of the road

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 01:31:01 pm »
 :o This is something that you do not see happening everyday. This is really dangerous because what happen if the tow truck was driving in the city. It could really hurt someone who is on the sidewalk. But good thing, it wasn't in the city or else, someone wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 06:24:14 pm »
:o This is something that you do not see happening everyday. This is really dangerous because what happen if the tow truck was driving in the city. It could really hurt someone who is on the sidewalk. But good thing, it wasn't in the city or else, someone wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Finally, someone who actually cares about people getting hurt or not, instead of just going all "Oh no, the poor bus!". Lol :P
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 01:46:27 pm »
The tow truck driver did not properly secure the steering wheel of the bus.. if you ask me, he should not have been towing the bus backwards to begin with!! I have never seen anyone tow a bus or any large vehicle backwards before, and now I can see why...

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 08:02:49 pm »
The tow truck driver did not properly secure the steering wheel of the bus.. if you ask me, he should not have been towing the bus backwards to begin with!! I have never seen anyone tow a bus or any large vehicle backwards before, and now I can see why...

Well I don't think he had any other choice, since the truck was not a flatbed and towing the bus forwards (with the rear wheels on the ground) would damage the transmission. But he definitely seems to have not secured the front wheels.

Offline Phantom909

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 09:31:21 pm »

this is what can happen when a bus is towed from the front

http://plainview.patch.com/articles/disabled-bus-explodes-in-flames-on-lie

weird thing is this fire happened at the same spot that the other incident happened. buses are towed backwards very often, in fact today 2/13/13 at 5:30 PM i was right next to NICE #1748 being towed backwards on old country road in westbury

joe

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 01:13:37 pm »
i believe they have to remove the axles before towing a bus on the front.. every time I see a bus towed it is always from the front

Offline ???????????????

• Regular Developer
  • Supervisor
  • ??????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 05:56:54 pm »
Towing far rock mtabus

Offline MTAFan25

• New Recruit
  • MTA Rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 09:34:20 pm »
i believe they have to remove the axles before towing a bus on the front.. every time I see a bus towed it is always from the front

i agree.