BVEStation

Author Topic: World of Subways Vol.4: New York  (Read 64863 times)

Offline PelhamLocal

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: World of Subways Vol.4: New York
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2014, 12:12:11 am »
Also they aren't world's fair cars, but im just happy its being released!

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
  • OMSI, openBVE, and Transit videomaker.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2014, 01:57:24 am »
The product page for WOS4 has been launched in the Aerosoft Shop. A projected release date of 23 October 2014 has also been announced.

I would like to make it apparent that the release date is only a projection and is not official yet. It is subject to postpone at any time (and it probably will be).

http://www.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=50647&s_design=simulation4u&shopfilter_category=Simulation4u&s_language=english

We´re happy to present the sequel of our very popular World of Subways series with the upcoming Vol.4, New York Line 7! This time it´s your chance to discover the Big Apple from a track point of view and be challenged with all the exciting tasks of a New York Subway Train Driver. The original route will take you from Queens to Manhattan which runs above ground for more than 80% of the line. You´ll get plenty of time to enjoy the scenery with its breathtaking graphics and many adventurous missions on hand which will guarantee hours of fun!
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Favourite engine sound: Detroit Diesel Series 50
Favourite transmission sound: Allison B400R4/5
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2014, 12:51:55 pm »
Ehhh... $40.27 USD is a little too much for a product like this if you ask me

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2014, 09:36:23 pm »
Ehhh... $40.27 USD is a little too much for a product like this if you ask me
agreed. even Train Simulator from DTG (formerly railworks) isn't even as expensive as this (from individual content standpoint).

Offline rstar

• Operator
  • MailMan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2014, 10:22:51 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=217YziJdrvA&feature=player_detailpage Have fun there still work that need to be done
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:28:20 am by rstar »

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2014, 03:09:32 pm »
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Offline LIRRMEDFORD

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2014, 09:15:14 pm »
I wonder if they will let you switch ends in this one. I could go back and forth all day from looking at the screenshots.

Edit: It looks like they are only using 6 cars, isn't the 7 an 11 car line?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:17:40 pm by LIRRMEDFORD »

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2014, 03:35:39 pm »
Edit: It looks like they are only using 6 cars, isn't the 7 an 11 car line?

Yes it is but this is also not the final product yet..

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Offline PelhamLocal

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2014, 09:03:06 pm »
saw these online

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2014, 09:56:04 pm »
Thanks for posting those! This definitely looks like it will more or less be a rehash of Vol.3 in terms of graphics and physics based on the screenshots. The system requirements sure better be the same as all their previous games that made use of this game engine. Overall I'm getting more and more curious to see how this is going to play out, with each update.

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2014, 09:12:45 am »
While these screenshots look nice (despite being slightly reminiscent of a Resident Evil game :D), it looks as though this game will be a stew of anachronisms. In some places, it has this '80s-'90s vibe with the station designs and the redbirds being the train of choice. However, other elements, including some of the stations, have a more modern vibe. Of course, the developers could be taking the Batman approach and not have it in any particular time-frame.

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2014, 03:47:05 pm »
With the unveiling of the Hunters Point, Vernon Blvd, Grand Central, 5th Avenue, and Times Square stations, all stations are now complete.

Terminus reached! In the past weeks we presented you all stations in World of Subways 4, Line 7.

This time we've got the last 5 stations for this series. The screenshots were captured in an Alpha version of the game.

-- Hunters Point Avenue --
Finally, this station is an underground station. The tunnel portal is at the eastern end of the station. It is served by all trains and it also represents the typical New York underground layout: Two side platforms, this time no center track.

-- Grand Central --
This underground station has a large round celing, which is similiar to the ones of underground stations in London, Paris or other european cities.
Passengers are able to change to the 4, 5, and 6 lines of the IRT Lexington Avenue Line, IRT 42nd Street Shuttle, as well as other railroad services.

-- Fifth Avenue --
Also known as "Fifth Avenue - Byrant Park"; This underground station has an island platform, the passengers are able to change to the B, D, F and M lines on the IND Sixth Avenue Line.

-- Times Square --
Finally we've reached our destination: The heart of the Big Apple and the terminus of the IRT Flushing Line: Times Square.
The trains stop at a dead end. Passengers are able to change to other subway lines, like IRT 42nd Street Shuttle, lines 1, 2, 3 of the IRT Broadway (Seventh Avenue Line), the N, Q and R of the BMT Broadway line, the A, C, and E of the IND Eight Avenue line, and finally the Port Authority Bus Terminal.

That's it from the 7 line stations.
Stay tuned for more (new) insights starting next week!
Enjoy your weekend!

http://www.tml-edition.com/index.php?do=/blog/121/wos4-stationen-hunters-point-vernon-blvd-grand-central-fifth-avenue-times-s/

While these screenshots look nice (despite being slightly reminiscent of a Resident Evil game :D), it looks as though this game will be a stew of anachronisms. In some places, it has this '80s-'90s vibe with the station designs and the redbirds being the train of choice. However, other elements, including some of the stations, have a more modern vibe. Of course, the developers could be taking the Batman approach and not have it in any particular time-frame.

IIRC, the game is supposed to take place in the 1970's. Considering the developer's history with minor inaccuracies as such, I wouldn't be too surprised. It looks like an amazing game nonetheless.

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2015, 10:05:35 pm »
I don't think this has been posted yet:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isUzu3bocaw[/youtube]

Also...

We have loads of information!
We have some official information about the game, we are pleased to present it to you.
First of all, World of Subways 4 has seven main features:
- 21 stations
- Player can play as driver and conductor
- Interactive depot
- Special driving mode (let yourself be surprised in the next few weeks!)
- Missions based on stories
- Change of shifts
- Original signalsystem
Systemrequirements:
- Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8
- Intel i3 - at least 3 GHz
- 4GB RAM
- Nvidia Geforce GTX 440 or comparable AMD Radeon (DirectX 11!)
- Now the heavy part: Installation size: 10 GB
More to come in the next days,
Happy holidays!