BVEStation

Author Topic: OMSI Bus Simulator  (Read 31786 times)

Offline (SIR) North Shore Line

• Conductor
    • View Profile
OMSI Bus Simulator
« on: May 08, 2011, 04:31:26 pm »
I'm actually very surprised there has yet to be a topic on this, but OMSI Bus Simulator was released a couple of months ago and is definitely THE best bus simulator out at this point. The amount of detail that was put into the sim is overwhelming, from busy rush hour service, to the people complaining about the bus being too hot/cold/delayed, seeing the other buses along the route, weather, handling tickets, typing in the codes for the destination signs, interlining runs, skipping stops because the bus is too crowded, etc.. It's AWESOME! The only problem I have right now is that there is no New York OMSI community at all at the main OMSI forums (except for myself and EDawg). There was a thread asking for bus routes in OpenBVE but there's no need for that after you play OMSI and see the potential it has.

Main OMSI Website

Omsi Test Video

Lets Play Omsi - Der Bussimulator ~9~ [Deutsch/German]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:37:21 pm by (SIR) North Shore Line »

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: OMSI Bus Simulator
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:52:23 pm »
I saw some videos a few months back of this and I loved the engine of the buses.I mean the engine anyone would foam over.They took a lot of time to get that engine sound correct.

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 05:00:52 pm »
Looks real nice, except for one problem- it's commercial paid software.

Paid commercial for-profit software will never generate as much as a community as a non-profit volunteer effort such as BVE.

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 06:24:35 pm »
Game looks good and I'll definetely be checking this one out. However, how are the frame rates for this game? Do you need a high end computer to run it, or will it do good on most average computers.
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 07:40:20 pm »
Looks tempting. With those physics it blows Bus Driver out of the water
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 09:45:33 pm »
I saw some videos a few months back of this and I loved the engine of the buses.I mean the engine anyone would foam over.They took a lot of time to get that engine sound correct.

Yeah, I was a little nervous about getting it because it only has buses from Berlin unlike CBS2010 but the engines on those double deckers are incredible.

Paid commercial for-profit software will never generate as much as a community as a non-profit volunteer effort such as BVE.

I highly recommend saving up for this sim, you'll be happy you did. And besides, some of the biggest gaming communities are for paid games.

Game looks good and I'll definetely be checking this one out. However, how are the frame rates for this game? Do you need a high end computer to run it, or will it do good on most average computers.

I have a fairly average studio Dell laptop and with some adjustments to the graphic settings, it runs fairly smooth. If you have a high-end computer though, you have nothing to worry about.

Looks tempting. With those physics it blows Bus Driver out of the water

The physics are very impressive to say the least. The people who made the game used to drive buses themselves.

Offline 4 Brooklyn to the bronx

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member and FDNY EMT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 10:17:33 pm »
If they make a NYCT Bus version, I will be more than happy to buy one. Sadly I loss hope for a legit NYCT bus simulator since CBS2010 came out.
Don't you dare call me an ambulance driver.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 10:22:19 pm »
If they make a NYCT Bus version, I will be more than happy to buy one. Sadly I loss hope for a legit NYCT bus simulator since CBS2010 came out.
By the looks of this not even a NYCT Bus version I think they'll do great with any American bus version whether its in LA,PA,NY or NJ etc... lol but damn this game is off the hook.

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 12:04:20 am »

There's not going to be a new york version, but that shouldn't stop you. OMSI is 100% moddable and there are already new routes & buses to download from the forums. There's a nice Toronto route out for download & although for right now the creator is only using a TTC re-skinned double decker, the route actually uses Orion Vs and NG Hybrids so there's the possibility that we may see some interesting developments over time.

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 05:58:59 am »
29.99 Euros??? DAMN thats expensive
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 07:48:47 am »
29.99 is definitely not expensive, even for a game.  Come on, most new games coming out these days cost already $50US and up.  So 29.99Euros is about what $43? $44?  Ha, $44 doesn't even fill up my gas tank.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 01:05:52 pm »
That is true rkamecaep but for a computer game its pretty much the top price around $40 and $50 bucks.My Trainz 2010 Deluxe USA Edition came out September '10 and I got it for Christmas it cost $50 bucks and its worth it(obviously though I didn't pay for it lol)
Many other great computer games cost usually $20,$30 or $40.
I'm glad I don't have an XBOX360 or PS3 b\c I'd be broke buying 50 and $60 games I understand they're in HD but damn.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 02:16:34 pm »
All new games are expensive like that, if you want the game cheap, buy it on ebay or wait a few years til the game gets cheaper.
BVEStation.

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 03:59:19 pm »
That is true rkamecaep but for a computer game its pretty much the top price around $40 and $50 bucks.My Trainz 2010 Deluxe USA Edition came out September '10 and I got it for Christmas it cost $50 bucks and its worth it(obviously though I didn't pay for it lol)
Many other great computer games cost usually $20,$30 or $40.
I'm glad I don't have an XBOX360 or PS3 b\c I'd be broke buying 50 and $60 games I understand they're in HD but damn.

Some PC games do come out to $50-60.  I'd say computer games do usually come out on a regular pace of $50ish.  For example, I forgot, but when StarCraft II came out, it was $55?  Digital copies were $50 also I believe.

On new X360/PS3 games, I believe "Major Nelson" explained why most games of the new systems come out to that price but I forgot when.  Honestly I don't usually buy console games new unless I'm was drawn in from previews and reviews. (ex. Racing type of games/sports)  I usually buy everything else used. (Also if there were any special contents/packages.)

All new games are expensive like that, if you want the game cheap, buy it on ebay or wait a few years til the game gets cheaper.

Basically, when you guys get jobs or some form of payments.  Then the prices of released games won't really bother you.  Except for gas..ugh.

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 04:10:16 pm »

I have to disagree. The Trainz franchise is a commercial-paid software, and my team and I have made dozens of pieces of content for the game in the last few months. Plus, the community is a lot larger than the BVE community. Aldo, City Bus Simulator is commercial, and Randy is having a field day making custom buses for it.

It just goes to show that no one can enjoy anything anymore without willing to spend a few extra dollars on it. I will not be getting it, of course, because I don't have any interest in bus simulators.

I also like that this game is moddable, as well; it may not have bus routes for NYCTA, but with a few willing developers that can easily change.

BStyles